“Best Stay in Indo”

Ranked #56 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Calgary, Canada
“Best Stay in Indo”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This accommodation had the nicest staff and the best stay in all of Indo for me. And there was good competition, I promise. The staff are so friendly, carrying bags and providing helpful tips. The location is the absolute definition of central. Easy to get to all of the Ubud hot spots. 5 minute walk to monkey forest, 10 minutes to Ubud palace for the Balinese dance. Great restaurants at doorstep. Just perfect. What really blew me away was the staff though. I did the trek up Mt Batur for sunrise, which began at 2 am, they had a breakfast packed for me that morning to eat on the top of the mountain! I asked around and no other hikers had that provided by their accom. When I got back it was 10:35 and I had just missed breakfast and I asked if there was any chance I could get a coffee, the desk called the restaurant and they kept the entire restaurant open for me, made me a fresh pancake and big bowl of fruit. I've never had people go so put of their way for me before. What a nice treat!

The rooms were lovely. I was in a deluxe as that is all they had left but I heard great things about the basic as well. My room was large and beautiful, very clean and gorgeous open waterfall shower.

I can really only think of one flaw in this facility and that is the bad wifi. That's only important to me as I research and book places as I go. The wifi was great outside but not in the room. I was also the very first room, closest to the street so I'm sure rooms more centred were better. But I had no problem at all sitting In the sun to do my research. And they may improve it at some point. Don't let that scare you away, stay here! You wont be disappointed! I'm sure they will get a travellers choice award soon.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Candace T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Adelaide River, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good value for money and great location, but rooms are very simple particularly the bathroom and you cannot flush toilet paper but instead need to put it in a bin. Location is great and the staff are friendly. Nice pool area are breakfast was yum- Get the pancakes!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kangam00se
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

A friend and I stayed in the fan cooled bungalows in June and loved it! The fan kept it cool enough, it is in a nice central location. The pool was great, and breakfast was fantastic! One of the best ones we had in Indonesia. The staff are hit and miss: many are wonderful, helpful and very kind. There was one person who we found to be extremely unhelpful, but it wasn't a big deal since another staff person helped us in the end. Overall we really loved this place, and would highly recommend! Oh, and the beds are huge and comfortable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
melbourne
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Walking distance to monkey forest and the ubud market. Can't fault location.

Hotel was clean. Wifi wasn't working for the 4 days we stayed.

Staff friendly.

Breakfast very bad but no worse than anywhere else in Bali we stayed.

Would recommend if spending a night or two in ubud.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The best thing for us had to be the luxurious bathroom that included a full sized bath and great indoor/outdoor feel. The pool area was a little dated but functional, and especially welcome after a hot day of shopping. There are a number of plusses for the price, first being the locale, as it is right in the middle of great shopping, eateries, and bars. Another is the staff who are very helpful and friendly. The only reason I'm not giving the rooms five stars is that they seriously need new towels and there were no hand towels at all. While the breakfast was adequate, the choices were limited. Having said that we did ask for fried eggs on the last day and they were happy to oblige. Overall, our experience was positive and would gladly recommend this hotel (the newer rooms at least) to anyone travelling to Ubud.

Room Tip: Ask for an air-conditioned room with a bath
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mariel W
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Staff were very friendly, some confusion on arrival as we had used booking.com and had been advised at time of booking that full payment would be deducted a few days before we arrived. That did not happen and another guest had left in the morning thinking he had paid in full so the hotel started taking photocopies of credit cards back & front..this is a very bad idea from a fraud perspective so we had to pay again in the hope that we have not been double billed, I've still got to check that out. The room was clean, we had one without a bath upstairs, note there is no window I. The bathroom just a big open slab of wall, they do have a shower curtain for privacy . Quality of towels nod breakfast was pretty average

Room Tip: Ask for one with air conditioning & the bath
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim G
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place has all the potential to be a great place to stay - with stylish bungalows and very nice staff, however we unfortunately arrived to what seemed like a skinny plot of land sandwiched between two building sites. I understand this is not their fault but it really did spoil our time here. Heavy machinery, drilling and hammering blew us out of bed every morning, as early as 8am, and didn't stop until it was too dark for them to work. Lie ins or relaxing by the pool was out of the question for our entire stay. Breakfast although good was a very limited selection - we were only there 4 nights and got bored with the menu. The bungalows have shutter style doors which open inwards and you are given a padlock to put through the seemingly flimsy handles to lock the room. If you push the doors in they still open wide enough to see if there's anyone in the room and what's up for grabs. The bathroom was very tired looking but not much of an issue especially being such good value for money. Location excellent.

Room Tip: If you're elderly or have any form of mobility problem ask for a room on the ground floor. The s...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple