“disappointing cooking classes”

Cuisines: Indian, Indonesian
Antwerp, Belgium
“disappointing cooking classes”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Well now i know that we went to the wrong bumbu bali for cooking classes.. all i can say is that they had nothing to do with real cooking classes since we were sitting at the table watching someone else cooking.. I liked the fact we spent time on tasting typical Indonesian spices and therefore i give it one point more.. I didnt like the fact our masterchef didnt give us any price reference for the products at the traditional market and allowed all of us heavily overpay for all products we bought.. I do not recommend this place and will never go again.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
“Food ok”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a late lunch here. The food was ok, the problem is that the waitress kept on leaving the just made food on top of a tray by the kitchen while she was attending the phone by the reception desk so the food had had flies all over by the time it reached the customers table. They should cover it until it is served.

• Visited September 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“So yummy”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

There are 2 Bumbu Balis, 1 and 2 and we could only get reservations at 2 both times we booked. They kindly pick and drop you back at the restaurant and both dining occasions were delish. You will walk into a greeting group chorus of Selamat Malam by the chefs- it is an open kitchen so you can see the kitchen in operation.Service is fabulous with very polite staff and they do good cocktails. Go for the appetiser of shredded chicken with chilli and lime and for the main the grilled Balinese ribs are delish.I loved the casual atmosphere here and you can dine at your leisure. Definitely pay a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Perth, Australia
“Clarification”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

While I cannot comment on this restaurants quality because I haven't been, I still would like to clarify something as there seems to be some confusion. This restaurant has NOTHING to do with the Bumbu Bali in Tanjung Benoa! Apart from the name to cause exactly this confusion and ride the wave of the real Bumbu Bali. Which is exactly why I haven't been to this place. The Bumbu Bali (and attached Rumah Bali) are very very dear to me and one of my favourite places of all times. I got married there, spent the most wonderful week with family and friends, received a service way beyond what you could ask for and the food for our reception provided by the Bumbu Bali was simply divine! Which is why I feel the urge for this review. I read a few reviews of people who were disappointed because they got recommendations from friends regarding the Bumbu Bali in Benoa. Well, it can't be as good since it is not the same place! And not in any way related, as far as I can tell. If you want seriously good food, go to Benoa! I really can't say anything about this restaurant in Ubud. But I want to make the distinction very clear to the one in Tanjung Benoa. It would personally hurt me if this place in Ubud would harm the real Bumbu Bali's reputation in any way.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Christiane W
Newcastle, Australia
“Yummo!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Its a little while ago now but we had a terrific dinner here. I've been eating satay all around Asia since I was 2 years old and Bumbu Bali's take on satay was unique and very tasty. They made some great cocktails too!

Visited April 2012