“Great Brownies”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A homey cafe in Jalan Dewi Sita - Ubud with open-air and green ambience. We serve fresh and healthy meals, desserts and juices, prepared mostly with vegetables and fruits from our own organic farm right outside of Ubud. We believe in using local ingredients as much as possible and have been endorsed by the local chapter of International Slow Food. All the ceramics used in the Cafe are hand made by the owner at SARI API ceramic studio. We also working with three different charity foundations to empower women and children in Bali. Eat good, do good, feel good.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We passed this cafe whilst very hot and needing a drink. Whilst there we ordered some food, and we were very happy with our choice. The food was lovely having the nasi goreng and Balinese chicken. The home made drinks and cakes were great too. The cafe has a nice atomsphere and I would definitely recomend it.

juicejaqueen, Owner at Juice Ja Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hi Janie, The staff at Juice Ja Cafe would like to thank you for your favorable review in tripadvisor. We always welcome feedback, and if it's positive, we are very happy! Please come back anorther time!

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I was here several times in March and May and enjoyed the fresh and tasty food in a casual atmosphere. I appreciate the all day menu, so I could go for the main courses for breakfast.
I do like that there is alcohol on the menue as well as meat and that smoking is OK on the outside tables (even though I don't drink, don't smoke and don't eat meat) - it makes life so much easier when you want to dine with a couple of friends :)
Service was quick and attentive. Recommened.

juicejaqueen, Owner at Juice Ja Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for the positive review of our Cafe. Much appreciated! Hope to see you there again and again. Glad you had a good experience !We always welcome feedback.
The Juice Ja Cafe team

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ordered a chicken avocado sandwich, and everything went well until it arrived on my table.
The taste was rather good, I have to agree with that, but the portion was really too small, even for someone like me who don't need much.

Then it happened: 5 tourists came by asking whether the kitchen was still open, to be answered that it would close in 30 minutes. The group then sat and started ordering, to be answered that the kitchen would close in 30 minutes. Someone then asked whether it meant they couldn't order, to be answered that "In thirty minutes, I close". When the group left, the staff had a good laugh (maybe not correlated but is seems so).

I don't know in what book it's a good thing to refuse a table of 5, and I don't know how difficult it is to just say that the kitchen is actually closed already.

I had been there before and saw the place as a tad overpriced for my taste, but with this kind of behavior, Juice Ja has lost a table of 5 and two returning customers.

juicejaqueen, Owner at Juice Ja Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

hi Danny, Thank you for your review. Even though it is not a favorable one, it is still very much appreciated, because it helps me as the owner to improve my business.
I will follow up on the issue for sure. As to the size of our portions, especially the sandwiches, I am very surprised to hear you found it small, because in general just about everybody says our portions are really big, so I will follow up on that as well. What I do not agree with you is that it is overpriced. As a matter of fact we have not raised our prices since everything went up and rent in Ubud is very high now. Compared to otyher restaurants I find our prices are still very reasonable.
All in all, I am sorry to read you had a unsatisfactory experience at Juice Ja and we will try to improve our service and food in the future

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Fresh coconut, mixed juice and all the great feeling of Bali. Nice they had the siting on the floor option outside.

The Juice Ja Cafe team

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

An amazing organic café and restaurant in the center of Ubud.
During our stay in Ubud we have been here often. Great organic food > breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Lots of salads and juices, great menu card to choose from.
They also have a small organic shop with some snacks and sweets.
Worth to go to if you are in Ubud!

juicejaqueen, Owner at Juice Ja Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Hi, the staff at Juice Ja Cafe would like to thank you kindly for your favorable review! Hope to see you again and again!