“As good as its sister, Casa Luna. But different.”
Review of Indus Restaurant

Indus Restaurant
Ranked #201 of 860 Restaurants in Ubud
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indus enjoys one of Bali's most breath-taking views over the Tjampuhan valley and the volcano,Mount Agung. This breezy restaurant is an elegant mix of Balinese meets Indian and features an eclectic Pan-Asian menu. Specialities include salted squid salad, warm tofu salad, salmon in banana leaves, organic salad bowls,tempe in fresh tomato sambal, lamb shank rendang and a generous nasi campur. Lime tart, chocolate divinity and creme caramel are part of the desert line-up. From 5-7pm, enjoy happy hour and complimentary tapas on the terrace, with your loved one, for a truly memorable and romantic experience.
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The same "foodies" who recommended Casa Luna also sent us to Indus. They are excellent judges.
Being out of town, Indus has a beautiful outlook over lush green palms and farms. It is open and the breezes keep you cool and comfortable to enjoy. The menu provides an opportunity for Indonesian meals as well as an escape to european for those who feel threatened by difference.
Naturally, the service is impecableand the beer cold. A nice relaxing luch that lives on in my memory.

1  Thank GADR
Casa_Luna_Group_team, Owner at Indus Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Gadr. I'm thrilled that you have such nice foodie mates. Thanks for the fab review. Indus is also the home of the Ubud Writers & Readers Festival. And I like your writing style ! Maybe there's a book in the making ? Janet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,039)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited this restaurant on the recommendation of a staff membeer where we were staying. When we got there we thought it would be really expensive, but it wasn't. Service and food were great and decore lovely. It is owned by an Australian who has written books on Indonesian food. The food is traditional Indonesian but with an Aussie touch. Well worth a visit if you are in Ubud.

1  Thank Jackie W

Dear Jackie. Thanks so much for enjoying Indus. I have done my homework so yes we are not expensive. And the Aussie bit is always present! Janet

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We went to Indus on recommendation and were not disappointed. Six of us for lunch - seated at a great table with extensive views of the valle way, way below. Drinks were reaonably priced and suitably cold. All of our dishes were greeted enthusiastically, sampled and then a hush fell over us as we savoured the flavours. For me, the squid salad was the tops. A great venue enjoyed by all.

Dear Stelin. Loved reading about the food hush ! And I agree about the squid salad ! Do come again. Janet

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I've visited Indus before, years ago, & found the food boring & bland. But UWRF had an event there, it was hot outside, & I didn't want to move to another place so I decided to have some dessert there while catching some breeze at one of their terrace seating. No one bothered to greet me at the entrance, & when I asked if they had the panna cotta I saw earlier at their sister restaurant Casa Luna, one of the waitresses said yes, they still had 2. I asked for one, & a table at the terrace. She said, "go ahead." without even bothering to accompany me to the terrace & tell me which table I could take. I thought this is an expensive restaurant? All the tables at the terrace were occupied, but luckily 1 family left not long after so I took their table. I waited for 20 minutes for someone to clear the table (no one came), even when there were waitresses coming & going to serve other tables. So I finally called one of them, & she snapped at me, "WHAT??" When I told her I want my table cleared, she looked as if I asked to borrow money from her. She left, never came back, didn't ask any of colleagues to clear my table. Did I mention that my panna cotta never came, even after 20 mins? I left. I notice they have better manners to the foreigners, though. Shame, really. Because Indonesians pay the same price as the foreigners, I don't see why the Bali "hospitality" is only extended to the foreign guests. Btw, the restaurant was not busy when I came, so it wasn't as if they were understaffed. I went to get my panna cotta at Casa Luna, which had better waiters & waitresses.

1  Thank WalkWalkTalk

Dear Pif. I'm a bit confused by your review. Your opening line is interesting and If UWRF had an event at Indus it was likely to be busy? I will certainly look into snappy racist staff but most of them at Indus are very sweet and many of our customers are Indonesian. And we are definitely not expensive. But I'm happy you went to Casa Luna. The pannacotta is different in both places. And both delicious ! A confused Janet

Reviewed 10 October 2013

we stopped here for a drink one afternoon following a recommendation from a friend. We immediately were impressed with the venue and its view across the rear valley. We order a tasting plate to enjoy with our drinks and were impressed with the pretty morsels which were placed in front of us. Well worth a return visit for dinner but also try and see it during the day to enjoy the view.

Been to Indus Restaurant? Share your experiences!