“The most beutiful place I've ever stayed!”
Review of Villa Sarna Ubud

Villa Sarna Ubud
Ranked #134 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
UK
“The most beutiful place I've ever stayed!”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I booked this villa for a romantic break with my girlfriend, and it did not disappoint. I have stayed in many hotels and villas around the world (as I frequently travel with my job and holidays) but this has to be the most exquisite and perfect for a getaway. The surroundings were gorgeous and away from the hustle and bustle. They also helped me to rent a motorobike which I used to ride around and into the town of Ubud (though there is a free lift if you want them to take you there), and up to the volcanoes. I would definitely recommend this place and I will certainly try to come back next time I visit Bali. There is also a lovely pool though I didn't use it. There are several restaurants nearby (they do serve breakfast however) within easy reach. The staff were also very helpful. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms (which was still large) and they also have much bigger villas available - perhaps one day I will bring my whole family - they would be very impressed. Notable, the garden was immaculately kept and lived up to the tropical paradise image I had of Bali (my first trip there).

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Norrebronx
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Villa Sarna is located up hill in wrapped in beautiful palmtrees and flowers. The is a nice cool plungepool and a pleasant gazebo on the sundeck. The rooms are clean and large with nice bath and toilet. Very friendly staff. The food comes from a nearby restaurant with great menu and great value.

Please visit

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2009

A great hotel nestled in the trees on the side of a hill. Very peaceful and lovely private rooms. The daily free transfers into town are very handy. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
New Hampshire
Reviewed 2 December 2009

My wife and I had planned on staying at a larger beach resort, but opted for a quieter stay in Ubud. Villa Sarna is a hidden gem that was recommended by a friend with exquisite taste. The accomodations were beautiful. There is a nice pool. The location was close to white water rafting, shopping for arts and crafts, and nightly food and entertainment. The food at the Villa Sarna was terrefic. I highly recommend the banana pancakes for breakfast. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and would return to the Villa Sarna.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 November 2009

A beautiful place which inspires relaxation, calmness and a great sense of the Balinese culture. Wonderful grounds, lovely rooms, clean and an absolute haven after a busy day. Not close to shops and resturants but that is the beauty of staying away from it all. Shuttle bus available and even the odd motor bike lift to the local resturant which is excellent. I will go back just for the staff, the beautiful pool with relaxing day beds and mesmerizing views and the true balinese vibe that surrounds you at Villa Sarna

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Villa Sarna is a well run, relaxing peacefull place to stay. We thought the staff were great and loved the location,just 10 minutes out of Ubud in a quiet valley location. The gardens are very impressive and I would recomend the Villa to everyone seeking a smaller friendly place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2009

We stayed at the krishna room which was very clean and very comfortable.
If you are looking for a quiet relaxing place just to chill out by the pool and read a book and forget about work then this is definately the place to stay.The villas are about 20 minutes from ubud, they have a shuttle which can take you to ubud any time of day. We had our own car which was very convenient for driving to different scenic spots and especially going out to dinner at night. If you like a drink i would recommend to stock up at the k stores and fill your fridge as beer is limited at the villas. Breakfast is served at the villas. We had a great relaxing time and would definately stay here again

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Villasarna, Owner at Villa Sarna Ubud, responded to this review, 23 November 2009
Thank you for the very nice review that was written about Villa Sarna. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that it appeared there was limited beer at our villas, but I can assure all guests that we are always very well stocked with beer. Perhaps it seemed that way because we do only stock a few beers in a guest room's minibar and replenish it daily. If a guest were to request more beer, they could simply call up and let us know and we would provide more immediately. If in an extremely rare circumstance we were to ever overlook our stock and run out of beer, we would certainly make sure to purchase more at that minute. At Villa Sarna, all you have to do is ask and we'll make sure you have whatever you need!