“Peaceful Paradise”
Review of Villa Sarna Ubud

Villa Sarna Ubud
Ranked #149 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Villa Sarna is more like a Luxury Bed n Breakfast than a Hotel - I say this as I find big hotels to be impersonal and you are just a "number". At Villa Sarna there are only 7 rooms - in the morning you walk to the Dining Balcony and select your type of breakfast which is then made fresh for "you" while you have coffee or tea (coffee is nice) and they serve you a plate of freshly cut tropical fruit (water melon, pineapple, banana, paw paw). The pool is not huge but it is gorgeous and there are lounges, chairs or you can sit in the Bale away from the heat. Villa Sarna is about 20 mins from Ubud, you can advise their driver when you want to go into Ubud and they drop you in and pick you up. The drive is nice and each time they went a different way so I could see the rice padies and local villages. I went into Ubud each day but was glad to come back to the peace and tranqullity of the Villas. I ordered a meal from the Kampung Cafe which was delivered to Villa Sarna for me - they also can pick you up and take you there if that is your preference. Mini Bar prices are very good so it is not a problem that there is no convenience store nearby. If you want more of something eg soda or beer, you just ring them and they remove the items you don't want and restock with those you do. The staff are friendly and helpful. They have free wii-fi so I could use my Notebook to send emals to family and friends - most places charge a fee but not at Villa Sarna. The grounds are wonderful and I spent each day walking around and taking pictures of the fountains, statues and flowers. I will return to Villa Sarna again - it was a quiet oasis and the real Bali.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Wonderful gardens and setting. A bit far out of town for popping in and out but the complimentary driver service was wonderful - never late and even found us in town without prearrangement! Good arrangement with the cafe up the road who will pick you up and drop you back. The garden, pool and balconies are a great place to unwind. Fantastic for a group of people as you get your own private rooms. Look for the lady who lights the incence every day and "father of the bride" - both georgeous.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2009

I would recommend Villa Sarna to absolutely anyone, singles, families or couples. The facility is nestled in a quiet, peaceful location & is quite simply, absolutely beautiful. The views are magnificent. And Whisky the resident golden retriever is a gem! Although Villa Sarna looks gorgeous on the internet, it offers far more than that portrayal in person - simply stunning. My family occupied 3 of the villas that were all very generous in size, beautiful crisp fresh linen & towels each day. The staff are everything you would expect from the beautiful Balinese people & more. Although situated about 8km from Ubud, the Villa offers complimentary transportation to & from Ubud & the shopping on the main road to Ubud is fantastic! Originally booked for 3 nights, we ended up staying for 7! When leaving, my entire family felt sad to leave the staff & facility, but happy knowing where we will definitely staying on our next regular visit to Bali.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Villa Sarna is perched on the side of a tranquil gully above a smal stream, the area nearby is terraced with rice terraces and is very tranquil but not too far from Ubud.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2009

I found Villa Sarna through a web search along with other hotels. I emailed a few and was thrilled when the response from Villa Sarna came back quickly and the content was informative and super friendly. Sahiba was the contact person and she immediately made us feel like we were making a solid choice. This was to be our first stop upon arriving in Bali so it needed to be stress-free and comfortable.
My husband and I were traveling with our two small boys, ages 1.5 and 3 years so the accommodations needed to be family friendly, as well. We were so grateful to arrive and find an oversized room that had already been set up with a crib. Needless to say, after a 16 hour flight, we were exhausted and what we came upon was absolute comfort. The staff was so attentive and welcoming. They made us feel like part of their family from day one and Kama and the other gals took such good care of our boys allowing my husband and I to enjoy breakfast and laying poolside.
We really appreciated the shuttle into Ubud and the restaurant just up the road was excellent and they even delivered delicious meals to your room.
We ended up meeting quite a few of the guests, as the hotel lends to that, and everyone seemed unanimously happy with the hotel and staff.
We were truly sad to leave and wished we could have spent our entire trip there. Simply top notch!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I booked this villa for a romantic break with my girlfriend, and it did not disappoint. I have stayed in many hotels and villas around the world (as I frequently travel with my job and holidays) but this has to be the most exquisite and perfect for a getaway. The surroundings were gorgeous and away from the hustle and bustle. They also helped me to rent a motorobike which I used to ride around and into the town of Ubud (though there is a free lift if you want them to take you there), and up to the volcanoes. I would definitely recommend this place and I will certainly try to come back next time I visit Bali. There is also a lovely pool though I didn't use it. There are several restaurants nearby (they do serve breakfast however) within easy reach. The staff were also very helpful. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms (which was still large) and they also have much bigger villas available - perhaps one day I will bring my whole family - they would be very impressed. Notable, the garden was immaculately kept and lived up to the tropical paradise image I had of Bali (my first trip there).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2009

Villa Sarna is located up hill in wrapped in beautiful palmtrees and flowers. The is a nice cool plungepool and a pleasant gazebo on the sundeck. The rooms are clean and large with nice bath and toilet. Very friendly staff. The food comes from a nearby restaurant with great menu and great value.

Please visit