“Thank you!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #125 of 190 Hotels in Ubud
Hong Kong
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

I stayed at Villa Sarna whilst I was attending the Balispirit festival. The staff were wonderful, the breakfasts excellent and my room was truly stunning. I am a father of four and this was the first time that I had been anywhere without my family - and what a place to do it in! Everything was wonderful! Thank you so much!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

I stayed here with my husband for three nights in February, and after reading reviews, we chose it as the place to spend our last few nights.. It was fantastic. We even thought about changing our flight just to stay there another night but unfortunately we could not make it happen. We wanted to do a tour for one of the days but we didn't want to leave the place for a whole day. The Villa was really private with lots of greenery all around so we felt like we were the only ones there. We stayed in the Ganesha Suite and the bathroom is really nice and it was lovely having a separate living area - it is as if you have your own little house. The bed was also very big and comfortable! All the staff were really helpful and friendly and the room service was fabulous!! We got it two nights in a row - it was delicious. We also arranged for spa massages at the Villa which was perfect for a couple.. we felt very relaxed afterward. When I go back to Bali I will definitely be staying at Villa Sarna. We were so sad to leave! I would definitely recommend it to a couple wanting a romantic time away to spend together. Can't wait to come back to here! A wonderful place to enjoy off the beaten track - removed from the hustle and bustle of the usual fare . We were impressed !

2 Thank genie01
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

My wife and I came to Villa Sarna after a long flight. We were picked up at the airport by the driver whose name was Made. He was extremely nice and knew much about Bali. The tour with him was enjoyable too. We celebrated our anniversary so I booked the Ganesha suite. It was absolutely lovely and great having the extra living space. The bathrooms were very luxurious - marble all over with fine fixtures and big walk in closet. The grounds were stunning. I have never seen nature and views like that. The property is at the top of the hill overlooking the rice fields. Even though everything was so beautiful like the statues and flowers, the best part that really made us feel at home was the staff. Probably the nicest people and best service. We were treated like we were part of a family. If we are lucky enough to come back to Bali, we will certainly stay here.

1 Thank DeTennis
Victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2010

Our three night stay was a most relaxing and enjoyable part of our holiday in Bali, it is a beautiful botique hotel with magnificent gardens and landscaping with numerous water features, and whilst quite small, a very good pool and surrounds. We were impressed with the service provided by all of the staff particularly the manager Sara and would recommend Villa Sarna to our friends and family.

1 Thank RJEVictoria
Shenzhen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

My friend and his wife stayed at Villa Sarna. They recommend us a lot.
We were there five days and wished stay longer. This place is heaven, on top of hill , view of rice
field, coconut and so many different plants and trees. One staff got us fresh coconut from
the tree. Very calm place, beautiful temple and statues inside the property. Good relaxing place
to sit outside balcony. I have not seen any place in Asia like this. I will tell my other friends to visit
Villa Sarna too, very good price, very delicious free breakfast, and good free internet
service. Also very nice staff. Short drive away from Ubud city,free shuttle service anytime
we tell them.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Allan99
rockthesuburb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

I thoroughly recommend this property - service, rooms, staff were great. Couldn't ask for more. We stayed in the Vishnu room and were not disappointed.

A fair way out of Ubud, but worth the journey.

Best to hire a motorbike if you're staying for more than a couple of days. It's an easy ride into town.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rockthesuburb
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2010

I was in Jakarta on business and my colleagues suggested that I should not miss a visit to Bali during my stay in Indonesia. I made an online reservation knowing nothing about Villa Sarna – and what a wonderful surprise it was! Pickup from the airport in Denpassar can be arranged with the hotel. Despite my delayed flight not only was the driver patiently waiting with a sign, but also the owner Mr. Sarna himself. He proved to be a gracious and personable host and gave me a quick introduction to the island during the almost hour-long ride from the airport.

The Villa Sarna property lives up to the photos on the website. It is a peaceful, small and secluded hideaway north of the city of Ubud with views of nearby rice paddies. Each room is like a private bungalow on the terraced estate, complete with Balinese sculptures and traditional shrines. When I arrived, the room was strewn with flowers in every corner. The décor inside the room was slightly kitschy and there was a slight musty smell, but it improved once the air-conditioning was running for a while (drawbacks of a high humidity climate). The terrace of my room included a large mosquito-netted daybed of traditional wood. Breakfast is served in another outdoor terrace area with a view of the country side. The separately owned Kampung restaurant is at the end of the entry road where you can dine in or they can provide room service for tasty Indonesian or Asian-inspired meals. A dip in the pool is a refreshing break after a day of sightseeing, and you can lounge in the traditional Balinese daybed or on lounge chairs on the patio.

Sightseeing tours of the area can be easily arranged through the hotel or in the town of Ubud. Don’t miss the traditional dance performance in the evening in Ubud. If you enjoy spa treatments don’t miss the many spas in town. The free shuttle service to and from town is almost like having your own personal driver. However, if you want to be in the middle of town this is not the place for you. I was a single female traveler and felt perfectly comfortable here. The room was comfortable and the entire staff - from the driver, manager, and all hotel staff were wonderfully hospitable. I only had a long weekend free, but I wished that I could stay longer or return again one day.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo