“must book the veranda suite!”

Ubud Villas and Spa
Ranked #167 of 604 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2011

i stayed here for two nights in the ginger suite, and wished i could have stayed a bit longer. i had originally booked through expedia and they only had a garden room or a veranda room available. i took the veranda and there was no turning back. the room was amazingly perched above a lovely private pool and i had views of the rice field next door. there are lots of mosquitos so bring repellant and a box of your own coils - they do provide a couple, but you'd want a few burning at once if you want to relax on the veranda. the large window doors were perfect and i though it would be nice to wake up with the sun, however at 6am i went to the windows and closed the curtains, the room gets a lot of light on all sides and it was a little overkill at 6am. the bed was a bit hard and the pillows a bit hard. i had some yellow stains on my sheets and pretended they were not there. so gross. this room provided a coffee maker, refridge and tv with one channel - the asian food network!! you can borrow dvds at the desk to watch instead but i was catching up on cuisine.

the bathroom is another story. it is very very dated, dark and mildewy. the bathtub was very big and is made for three i think but i could never get enough hot water to fill it and had to take rather cold baths. there isn't a shower curtain so the walls have mildew. there are also open holes through the walls like little windows but they let in bugs and the neighbors can get a glimpse of your naked bum. the bathroom isn't open door and should be or at least have more light.

the towels though, smelt really good. i don't know what detergent they were using but it smelt gooood. i have allergies to mold and mildew and i really had some bad attacks in this room but that's my fault for not bringing any medicine.

i would stay here again, and bring safety pins to close the mosquito netting around the bed since it was too small and left big gaps here and there. .

the spa was nice, not amazing, but nice - cheaper than the other places.

the grounds are very romantic, lots of lilly pads, rivers, vines, trellises, privacy!

the manger gave a nice tip for a great view restaurant : Indus
they have a live salsa band on monday nights and lots of dancing along with a great 4 star dinner. you can see the rice fields from the top of the mountain.

breakfast was ok, i would order the nasi 'fried rice' and shy away from the eggs since they are a bit undercooked. the staff didn't know what a wine bucket was either and i saw a cat lying on the kitchen counter one night - a little dirty if you've seen the cats around there.

** this room can catch the free wifi from the front desk, so that's a plus because some other rooms around can't receive a signal.

Room Tip: ask for a veranda
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Ubud Villas and Spa

Reviewed 21 June 2011

we didnt expect much coming to the domah, as its cheap and one of our guides didnt have a good review about it. the enterence/ driveway is pretty ugly and could do with a make over. after coming into the hotel yard i thought it was quite nice and peaceful. the staff were very friendly and informative. our room was simple but nice, with a big bathroom. had a few swims in the share pool, there wasnt any where to sit or sun bathe after a swim and no towels that we could see.oh and some tiles felt broken on the bottom of the pool. free fast wifi is good. the restaurant was average, and didnt have much of a range.
overall though i really liked staying here, its a 10 min walk into ubud centre and a few places to eat along the road if u dont want to walk all that way.
i think we'll be back

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Nothing was ever too much to ask the welcoming and kind staff at beautiful d'Omar Hotel. They operated like a family - Thank you for letting us stay and discover the beauty of Ubud!

The rooms were beautifully appointed and gave us a real sense of a well appointed Balinese home, from artwork to indoor/outdoor living - beautiful.

The day spa staff were so professional and I enjoyed my treatment so much I booked a second one on our departure date which was a lovely treat.

The restaurant prepared an authentic home cooked Balinese meal every day - delish!

The grounds were beautifully manicured and the choice of pools was a lot of fun :-).

We will recommend d'Omah to our family and friends and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This place is terribe!
After 9 amazing nights in a private villa in Seminyak, we arrived in Ubud very excited about the next part of family holiday in Bali. My family (myself, wife & 3 young kids) were devastated when we arrived at d'Omah - dirty, dirty, dirty! The pool was green, the koi ponds were brown, the sheets were stained & had holes in them, the headboard on the bed had a hole in it, the bathrooms were disgusting, no security, construction happening out the front, I could go on & on & on...the best thing about d'Omah was that the manager agreed to pay for another hotel that we found in Ubud - The Beji (amazing - loved it!) The plan was to stay 5 nights in the Jasmine Suite - There was no way in the world I was going to let my family stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Steve_3571
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Off the main flow of traffic, but only by a matter of minutes; enough though that we enjoyed peaceful mornings reading by the pool or on our room terrace. The staff was gracious and very accomodating. We loved the place because it had character, the rooms were clean, the staff was more than polite and friendly. Will definitely return

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2011

It was a very pleasant experience staying in this hotel for two nights. The food is limited but the fried rice and fried noodle are delicious. It is not far from ubud centre, It took me only 15 minutes walking from ubud centre to the hotel,and close to Antonio blanco's museum. The room is clean and full of bali style. The staff are polite and nice with smile, especially Mandy, thank u for taking me to the beautiful places in ubud.. Btw, I'm from china but always recognized as a Japanese haha. Anyway I like this place.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I'm very disappointed with this hotel service. We are greeted by a entrance with very bad maintained road. The location also deserted from the main city, some locals don't even know this hotel's location. I booked the room with buffet breakfast. After I check in, only I notice I wasn't given a breakfast voucher. I called the reception and they say they will check. No news til I visit personally to the reception and still they answer me checking. After awhile, was told we are given breakfast but it's not buffet style. The staff show us the menu with very limited choice to choose from. The swimming pool is not for use as it was under maintainence, it's full of algae. The bed I felt itchy when I wake up the next day, not sure whether is it because of bed bugs. But my friend also experience the same thing, so the possibility is there. The sofa in the room also quite dirty. The hotel offers taxi service to air port. So in view of the hotel's location, I decided to use their cab service. I make the booking on my 1st day staying there and the receptionist assured me that on the day I check out, the taxi will come at 4am as my flight is early on that day. He even called the driver right in front of me. On day 2 and the night before we check out, the staff did confirm with us again on the taxi arrival time and they were nice enough to promise to prepare breakfast in a box for us. On the day I check out, I arrived at the reception hall which is dark and empty. No one is around. I have to find the light switch and turn on the lights. I call the reception, no one answer as I was at the reception place seeing the phone ringing. I waited and waited, still no one come and answer the phone. So I walked around the hotel hoping to find any staff for assistance. To my dismay, nil. Couldn't even find anyone. I even went to the hotel entrance which is wide open, hoping to find may be security guard to assist but still I couldn't find any. It's already 4.30am after searching up and down.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends