“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #137 of 568 Ubud B&B and Inns
Darwin
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My children and I stayed at D'Omah for 3 nights recently. We just loved the place! The grounds are expansive and so pretty. Water features everywhere and lots of open space with beautiful gardens, lovingly looked after. The main pool is huge and lovely.
We stayed in a Verandah Suite (Lemongrass) and found it spacious and comfortable. It is not a new Hotel, but our room had been recently upgraded. It had a large verandah outside with daybed, table and chairs, and a kitchenette overlooking a pool only shared by a couple of other rooms. We didn't see anyone else us this pool while we were there. Inside was a very large room with comfy bed (and nice pillows!) and large semi-outdoor bathroom. The bath was big enough to swim in, and water pressure in the shower was great.
We booked through Bali Friendly and got breakfast included in the rate. The best Mie Goreng I have had for brekky anywhere, lovely strawberry pancakes, fresh home baked bread with local jams, pastries. Real fresh juice. We loved sitting in the pretty restaurant each morning enjoying
the lovely outlook and ambience. For the more motivated, there are yoga classes some mornings. We had several meals around the pool and from room service, and they were all delicious, especially the rice paper rolls. Also went to the Round Bar, just outside the grounds but connected to the hotel and had nice pizza and happy hour cocktails.
Every single staff member was friendly and caring, from the housekeepers to the gardeners and the wait staff and reception staff all had wide smiles and a greeting each time we met. After day 1 they all knew the children's names and called to them as we walked past. One comment made me feel so welcome as a Mum travelling with children. Julie, the Manager said "let the kids run around, it makes the place come to life". What a nice thing to say. We stayed over the Gulungan festival, and one of the Spa staff offered us sarongs and traditional clothing if we wanted to visit the temple to see the ceremony. So thoughtful.
The location is super quiet, being set back from the road. We used the shuttle bus into Ubud several times which was handy. My children are a bit small to do the walk, as there aren't footpaths and the road is a bit steep, but without kids it would probably take about 20 minutes into Ubud and would be a nice walk. There are quite a few restaurants in the area and some nice rice field walks.
We had a very enjoyable stay and will definitely return to this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are a little different. Verandah Suites are spacious and lovely.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I travelled alone to Ubud and had a few nights booked at another hotel in the same area. I visited a few different hotels on Jalan Penestanan but as soon as i was shown the Lotus room at d'Omah i knew i had to stay here. The room was spacious with a large, private verandah with a daybed, perfect for lounging on with a book. The bed was huge and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are stunning and the pool is crystal clear and 20m long so i could do laps. Perhaps the best thing were the lovely hotel staff. They were so kind and helpful and even helped me organise a guitar to play while i was there! d"Omah location is brilliant. There are fabulous eateries a couple of minutes walk away such as Alchemy (for delicious raw food and healthy juices), Warung Alami for traditional, organic Japanese, Sari Organik and my favouite coffee in Ubud at Kue. There is also a great yoga studio not far away and yoga is offered 2 days a week at the hotel. I had 8 nights at d'Omah and loved every minute of it and will definitely be back. I was really grateful that i wasnt in Ubud centre but could access it very easily by walking or catching the complimentary hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: Lotus Room for space and privacy. Beautiful outlook and loved the daybed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sara T
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice garden, nice rooms, lovely balconies. Good athmosphere and kind staff. Nice some renovation here and there, e.g. around the pool. Is in the outskirts of Ubud, when we walked into town after six we used a torch so that they see us walking down the street.

Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday two weeks ago and I couldn't ask for more.
The gardens are big,lush and very beautiful.Staff are so friendly and helpful and when I told them that I was staying for my birthday they gave me an extra special room as a treat and didn't charge anymore!!The room was big,spacious,bright and had a wonderful big bath tub to have a very nice hot,relaxing bath.The rooms came equipped with everything you need.I was very impressed.They have a nice breakfast included that you can eat by the pool or in the restaurant.And they have two swimming pools with a wonderful bale where you can relax and have some very nice quiet time.The location is good also.Overall I really enjoyed my time here and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the second level which was very nice as I had a good view from the balcony.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Looking around Ubud, I was lucky enough to find d'Omah Hotel!
Set in beautifully lush gardens with abundant space around the individual Villas. Wether a family, a couple or an individual, you'd never feel crowded. A twenty metre pool for those hot afternoons, the stressors of the West dropped away.
The Villa was decorated with a great mix of local and contemporary furnishings and the addition of yoga classes and yummy food from the hotel restaurant created such a beautiful stay that I had to come back.
The staff at d'Omah are supper friendly, always greeting us with a smile and helpful attention.
When in Ubud its differently going to be d'Omah. I'll be back!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having just returned home, I cannot speak highly enough as to my stay at the D'omah.

I booked an upstairs verandah suite, along with the request that a small welcoming gift of some kind be prepared, as our day of arrival was also my wife's birthday. I was very pleasantly surprised to find our room prepared as requested, plus hotel staff hidden away within our ensuite, awaiting the chance to surprise my wife with a birthday cake, red roses, and a warming rendition of happy birthday..........far exceeding any expectations I had.

The hotel is undergoing a minor refurbishment, just to freshen up appearances, yet painters and groundsmen maintain a very low profile so as not to disturb guests.

Hotel staff are simply amazing, and they are what makes the big difference, separating the D'omah hotel from others. They will do everything within their power to ensure your stay is pleasurable, your questions are answered, and your needs are catered to.....should you need anything or be unsure of anything, simply ask your hotel staff, as you will then receive good, honest advice, service and courtesy.

Food, location, cleanliness, pools, grounds, facilities and gardens are all above the normal by Balinese standards, and the hotel is well situated heading towards the more upmarket Campuhan region.

I had read reviews from other travellers prior to my own booking, noting that some suggest the hotel is a little tired and could use a freshen up....I have seen that this freshen-up has taken place and ongoing routine maintenance is continuing.

It's important for travellers to note, that when staying in Bali (especially Ubud) you are staying within a tropical forest. If travellers can realise that in such circumstances you will never gain the 5 star accomodation you find in Paris or London...there will be bugs, there will be heat, there will be the sounds of night creatures awakening, there will be lizards and geckos, there will be rain. I say to drink this all in as a pleasurable part of the experience, and understand that given these natural geographical conditions, the D'omah hotel rates well above average standards.

As I was leaving another guest arrived. I shook his hand, welcomed him to paradise, and explained to him that the hotel and staff are fantastic, and that he is in store for a great holiday at this hotel. He thanked me and told me that he was very pleased to hear that, as he was in fact not an arriving guest at all,.............. but instead the hotel owner!

In 12 months time I return to Bali, and due to the pleasurable experience I encountered, I will also again be returning to D'omah Hotel, regardless of the many other accomodation options available in Bali/Ubud.

Room Tip: Pay just a little extra to upgrade from a standard garden room to a verandah suite (upstairs suites...
2 Thank Ranger_Aust
Norfolk
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We booked D'Ohme for three nights and chose a garden villa and were slightly disappointed with the description. I don't want to be too critical but the room itself was quite small, just fitting the bed (and a small put me up in the window which we did not require). To describe it as having a balcony, seating area and patio is stretching matters as it suggests these are private, particularly when also advising that it has a "shared covered terrace and loft".

Let us be honest - it shares a seating area immediately outside with the adjacent room which could be fun if both rooms were occupied. The shared "loft" has potential but a single folding chair makes it unappealing. The room itself was fine although the air con was very noisy at times. The shower/bathroom was nicely done although the only hot water was in the shower not the sink. This made shaving interesting.

All the other facilities were of good standard but I had a real problem with the weak and ineffective internet and we were opposite the reception.

Final gripe - the second pool we were told about appeared to be for vila guests only.

Now - the great points. Fantastic staff but the owner needs to get out of reception and leave these wonderful people to it. Super food - particularly the artisan bread and jams. The pizzas were good - no great- and I am nit a pizza fan.

More sun beds would be a help - there seemed to be just 2 - but the seating around the pool was pleasant. The gardens were well kept and beautiful.

All in all was a good stay but fell short of my expectations due to the poor description on the website etc. i would stay there again though - even if it was just for the great staff and food.

Room Tip: Get a room outside the pool but be careful if you was internet access
1 Thank Colincjr