“Very Good!”
Review of Ubud Garden Villa

Ubud Garden Villa
Ranked #264 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 July 2014

June 2014: Beautiful place with idyllic pool in beautiful tropical garden. Upon arrival, the very friendly and helpfull staf told us that we would be upgraded, nice surprise! Having some issues with our room, we were upgraded to an even nicer room, the beautiful Lotus suite!
The breakfast and other food is very, very good!! Walking to Ubud city center takes about 20 minutes, but the free shuttle service helps out with this! A few other restaurants at 5 min. walking distance. We would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014

me and ny family (1lil bro , mom ,and dad ) stayed here 2 weeks ago , for three nights. When i saw thia hotel on the internet , the hotel seems to be a `so~so' hotel , but it turn out as a great hotel . We stayed at the garden villa , we rented two rooms , and they arrange our rooms in one villa. The rooms are quite though , but it doesn't have any television , (for this type of room) . But it doesn't matter , tranquilty is what ubud's tourists searching for . Our rooms (rose and lily) are great , they're just a couple of walk from thw pool , a couple of walk from the restaurant , The hotel provided us with a great quality breakfast , the restaurant served homemade jams , homemade bread (brown,multigrain,and white bread). For me , their pizzaa are good too. I suggest you to Try to take dinner at d'omah . The hotel staffs are really friendly. They provided us with many informations about ubud , even when i tell them i want to have dinner on nuri's , the shuttle , take us there . Definetely will come back there , when i'm in bali!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My children and I stayed at D'Omah for 3 nights recently. We just loved the place! The grounds are expansive and so pretty. Water features everywhere and lots of open space with beautiful gardens, lovingly looked after. The main pool is huge and lovely.
We stayed in a Verandah Suite (Lemongrass) and found it spacious and comfortable. It is not a new Hotel, but our room had been recently upgraded. It had a large verandah outside with daybed, table and chairs, and a kitchenette overlooking a pool only shared by a couple of other rooms. We didn't see anyone else us this pool while we were there. Inside was a very large room with comfy bed (and nice pillows!) and large semi-outdoor bathroom. The bath was big enough to swim in, and water pressure in the shower was great.
We booked through Bali Friendly and got breakfast included in the rate. The best Mie Goreng I have had for brekky anywhere, lovely strawberry pancakes, fresh home baked bread with local jams, pastries. Real fresh juice. We loved sitting in the pretty restaurant each morning enjoying
the lovely outlook and ambience. For the more motivated, there are yoga classes some mornings. We had several meals around the pool and from room service, and they were all delicious, especially the rice paper rolls. Also went to the Round Bar, just outside the grounds but connected to the hotel and had nice pizza and happy hour cocktails.
Every single staff member was friendly and caring, from the housekeepers to the gardeners and the wait staff and reception staff all had wide smiles and a greeting each time we met. After day 1 they all knew the children's names and called to them as we walked past. One comment made me feel so welcome as a Mum travelling with children. Julie, the Manager said "let the kids run around, it makes the place come to life". What a nice thing to say. We stayed over the Gulungan festival, and one of the Spa staff offered us sarongs and traditional clothing if we wanted to visit the temple to see the ceremony. So thoughtful.
The location is super quiet, being set back from the road. We used the shuttle bus into Ubud several times which was handy. My children are a bit small to do the walk, as there aren't footpaths and the road is a bit steep, but without kids it would probably take about 20 minutes into Ubud and would be a nice walk. There are quite a few restaurants in the area and some nice rice field walks.
We had a very enjoyable stay and will definitely return to this gem of a hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are a little different. Verandah Suites are spacious and lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I travelled alone to Ubud and had a few nights booked at another hotel in the same area. I visited a few different hotels on Jalan Penestanan but as soon as i was shown the Lotus room at d'Omah i knew i had to stay here. The room was spacious with a large, private verandah with a daybed, perfect for lounging on with a book. The bed was huge and comfortable. The grounds of the hotel are stunning and the pool is crystal clear and 20m long so i could do laps. Perhaps the best thing were the lovely hotel staff. They were so kind and helpful and even helped me organise a guitar to play while i was there! d"Omah location is brilliant. There are fabulous eateries a couple of minutes walk away such as Alchemy (for delicious raw food and healthy juices), Warung Alami for traditional, organic Japanese, Sari Organik and my favouite coffee in Ubud at Kue. There is also a great yoga studio not far away and yoga is offered 2 days a week at the hotel. I had 8 nights at d'Omah and loved every minute of it and will definitely be back. I was really grateful that i wasnt in Ubud centre but could access it very easily by walking or catching the complimentary hotel shuttle.

Room Tip: Lotus Room for space and privacy. Beautiful outlook and loved the daybed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sara T
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Nice garden, nice rooms, lovely balconies. Good athmosphere and kind staff. Nice some renovation here and there, e.g. around the pool. Is in the outskirts of Ubud, when we walked into town after six we used a torch so that they see us walking down the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for my birthday two weeks ago and I couldn't ask for more.
The gardens are big,lush and very beautiful.Staff are so friendly and helpful and when I told them that I was staying for my birthday they gave me an extra special room as a treat and didn't charge anymore!!The room was big,spacious,bright and had a wonderful big bath tub to have a very nice hot,relaxing bath.The rooms came equipped with everything you need.I was very impressed.They have a nice breakfast included that you can eat by the pool or in the restaurant.And they have two swimming pools with a wonderful bale where you can relax and have some very nice quiet time.The location is good also.Overall I really enjoyed my time here and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the second level which was very nice as I had a good view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Looking around Ubud, I was lucky enough to find d'Omah Hotel!
Set in beautifully lush gardens with abundant space around the individual Villas. Wether a family, a couple or an individual, you'd never feel crowded. A twenty metre pool for those hot afternoons, the stressors of the West dropped away.
The Villa was decorated with a great mix of local and contemporary furnishings and the addition of yoga classes and yummy food from the hotel restaurant created such a beautiful stay that I had to come back.
The staff at d'Omah are supper friendly, always greeting us with a smile and helpful attention.
When in Ubud its differently going to be d'Omah. I'll be back!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo