“mixed bag but glad I stayed”
Review of Ubud Garden Villa

Ubud Garden Villa
Ranked #205 of 629 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Liked: Had one of the villa style rooms, second floor. Very beautiful, octogon shaped with glass windows halfway around the entire room. Intricate wood, high, pointed ceiling, canopy bed with mosquito net. The saltwater pools, the walkways had stone designs that I have every intention of copying they were so pretty. The grounds were lush and the crickets, frogs and other animals sang in chorus through the night, which took me to a place haven't been since childhood (now live in the city). The staff provided me with a power converter/adapter for my computer.
The breakfast was ok, laundry was reasonable and fast.
Disliked: Feel hotel should provide better times for the shuttle service. kind of odd. 7-10 in the morning and 7-9 at night. that was it. You could pay the staff to take you, though, which made me feel a little scammed. It was 3 bucks every time for Ubud center. The thing is, while near ubud center, the hotel is located on the edge of town and up a steeper than anything hill. Traffic was heavy with cars and mopeds whizzing by, with people dodging cars. And that's walking downhill to town. Uphill, after spending anytime shopping? forget it, another 3-4 bucks to get back. Did feel like I was constantly reaching in my pocket for cab fare if I wanted to go anywhere. The pool was nice when the sun came out but there was only one decent lounge chair, maybe a few other really old ones. That was kind of sad because the place really is pretty.

It had rained for days when I arrived and the room was a little damp, but then everything in ubud was damp at that time. Rooms were also dark, hard to read at night. And there were no english tv channels so tv was pointless. but that said, it gave me every opportunity to appreciate the nature all around me.

It depends on what you are looking for in a hotel in Ubud. This was an odd kind of place, but I am really glad I stayed there. I did enjoy "getting back to my place" away from the hussle of the town everyday, though I checked out some places in town while walking around and found some that also felt secluded, yet right in town for the next time I visit.
Two things I really enjoyed:
A tibetan bowl ceremony at Yoga Barn (hard to find this place, their sign is tiny, but I am really glad I experienced this.
A little spa called Beji Ayu. I had the place to myself, as they are very small. I had an outdoor bathtub filled with flowers in a ricefield among other services. It was no frills, but clean and lovely and an amazing experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank summertravelers

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We had been in Bali for 1 week when we booked into d'Omah yet it was the first hotel where I really felt "on holiday". The room was beautiful, the staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful and the setting was peaceful and calm. It had an overall sense of tranquility about it and an un-contrived beauty that I didn't see elsewhere.
We liked it so much that we booked into its sister hotel in Yogakarta for our next trip which was even more beautiful!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Really loved this hotel - the staff were great too, although a little slow, they helped us with all our requests, no matter how divaesque.

As we arrived on the day without booking we were able to get a discount. So always bargain to ask if you are in the same position.
We got a standard twin room (Twin Rose) which is usually $75 per night for $55.

Pros:
- Great location, right behinde the Antonio Balnco museum up a hill.
- Clean
- Friendly staff, although quite slow in service.
- Beautiful in design
- Air con
- Comfortable beds
-Great bathrooms
- Huge pool
- Lovely Spa - good value.
- Food was average

Con's
- Up a giant hill behinde Antonio Blanco museum, so rent a moped! Id advise that anyway as Ubud is big and it would take an age to walk around everywhere. Very safe to drive, i had never done it before and was fine.
- Service was a little slow, nothing to worry about.
- Wifi didnt work whilst i was here, although they do have it.
- Free computer available at reception was too slow to use.
- That is about it. Nothing bad to say - i loved it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

D'Omah is an excellent place to stay - I highly recommend it! The staff were fantastic and went out of their way to be of assistance. The rooms were gorgeous (i stayed in a garden villa) which was of ample size - beautiful timber finishings. The gardens around the hotel were beautiful, especially arriving home at night. two swimming pools to choose from.
An easy 10-15 min walk to main ubud (up a hill) - perfect location away from the hustle and bustle of central ubud but close enough to easily step into that hustle and bustle if required!
Negatives? There were holes in the badly needed to be replaced bathroom towels. And the toilet failed to flush a number of times (BUT the staff were extremely apologetic and prompt in fixing it each time so although a little annoying not a major issue).

And burbur for breakfast is a MUST- so deliciously YUM!!

i look forward to staying at D'Omah hotel again soon and have already recommended it to my aunty, uncle and folks. Thanks for a wonderful, relaxing stay D'Omah staff! : )

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo