“People and setting perfect”
Review of Amori Villas

Amori Villas
Ranked #3 of 198 Hotels in Ubud
“People and setting perfect”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Many thanks to the beautiful and attentive people who work at Amori villa.
Our family spent 3 idyllic days here, and wished we had booked more.
Wonderful location, all needs catered for so gracefully.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I work in the hotel business and have been fortunate to experience a broad range of hotels, resorts and villas, including many in Bali. What is achieved by the 'Amori family' is wonderful and unique. The vision of the Australian owners Peta and Rick (from a conversation with Peta and information in your rooms) started with building a beautiful place for their family, then their friends, then extended friends (guests) - and it has that feel to it, a home away from home - but much better - as well as being truly luxurious. We will go back in a heartbeat. From the moment you step into the complex everyone was called by name and staff go above and beyond the call of duty daily. My 7 year old daughter commented on a clip Kadek had in her hair - a few days later she was presented with the clip (and hairbands for my other daughter) by another staff member who said Kadek (who was not working that day) had sent it for her. My daughters also love getting their nails painted on holidays (only time I indulge them) and asked the staff if they could do it. Not set up for such tasks the staff found some nail paint from somewhere and giggled their way through the experience with the girls. I wish I could remember their names! They could not do enough for the children. The staff speak very fondly of the owners - you can tell there is a beautiful bond much deeper than employer - employee., Look no further - stay here stay here......oh and make sure you have the mint, ginger and honey tea, I still drink it now back in Australia.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya K
Barwon Heads, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It had been nearly 20 years since my last visit to Bali - this time as a solo traveller. My four nights at Amori Villa in Ubud, where I was surrounded by lush gardens and tranquility beyond belief, was everything I had hoped for! Recommended to me by family, I was warmly greeted with genuine hospitality, superior personal service and the utmost concern for my welfare. My well appointed garden room was extremely comfortable, clean and very private - nothing was ever too much trouble. The villa's gardens, pool and open pavilion, are all stunning - a credit to the owners and wonderful staff! I would highly recommend this villa to anyone thinking of spending some quality time in Ubud!!

Room Tip: All the rooms at Amori Villa are excellent. I stayed in a ground floor garden room - very quiet and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at Amori recently for our 20th wedding anniversary. We chose Amori based on its great reviews and were not disappointed. The staff were caring and attentive - we came back from dinner one evening to find flower petals filling our sunken bath and tea lights lining the edges. The food at their restaurant was amazing - as good as any we had in some of the better cafes and restaurants in Ubud. We also did a Balinese cooking class with their lovely chefs, which involved a fun early morning trip to the local food markets - highly recommended. We stayed in the valley view room which has an open air bathroom and beautiful vistas from it's many windows and balcony. Given the serenity and locale of this place though, any of the villas would likely be just as good. A wonderful base to relax and explore the many delights of Ubud and surrounds.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I booked a Treehouse 1-Bedroom Villa at Amori because it was rated the best family hotel in Ubud according to the TA community. The hotel is a bit expensive but it is in fact great. It is very exclusive (there are 5 rooms only), the staff is highly friendly and helpful, the food is fantastic, our room was very spacious, nice and clean, and the view to the forest was amazing. However, I must say that despite all these good features the hotel is not perfect as most of the reviews here made me to believe it was.
First, for a family hotel, the premises should be safe for children of all ages. We could not really enjoy our balcony view to the forest because the gap between the height of the sofa and the upper end of the railing in the balcony was really narrow. We were afraid that 4 years old son could fall from the balcony. The same applies for the pool area where there is a gap between the railing and the pool which was quite scary for us every time our son run to its direction.
Second, the room has an outdoor bathroom but in the description of the room in the booking it was described as spacious "indoor/outdoor" bathroom. I had understood that there was both an "indoor" and an "outdoor" area in the bathroom so that we could choose what we want to use depending on the time of the day. However, despite there is a ceiling covering most of the area, the bathroom is 100pct outdoor, which made us to share it with bugs (and a frog in our third night) during the night time. It must be nice for most of people who are really into the wilderness experience of Ubud but it was an unpleasant surprise for us. On the third day I could see some workers repairing the ceiling of the hotel entry from my bathroom. Obviously he could see me using the bathroom too.
Third, it is not really a resort or spa. There is a pool and Jacuzzi available but that is it. My daughter had to wait for almost an hour for the masseuse to arrive in the hotel because she had not booked it in advance.
Forth, the room service is not 24 hours which I believe is mandatory for a luxury resort/hotel.

In summary I believe that our experience in Amori Villa was good, much more because of the friendly and helpful staff. I think that if you are not travelling with kids and you are looking for contact with nature in an exclusive and peaceful place in the forest of Ubud, with an excellent service and luxury premises, that is the best place for you to be.

Pros: exclusivity, excellent service, helpful and friendly staff, cleanliness, fantastic dining options, amazing views, luxury room and premises
Cons: outdoor bathroom, restricted room service, spa, location (a bit far way from Ubud center), safety issues for small children

Room Tip: Any room with an indoor bathroom option will do.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank traveller2307
Mona vale, Sydney NSW
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were simply blown away by Amori Villa and we can honestly say it is the best place we have ever stayed! The setting is truly magical and so relaxing looking out over an infinity pool to a beautiful valley. Our tree house villa was incredible, wonderful views set amongst the trees, very tasteful and comfortable and a superb outside bathroom. The staff were something else, so friendly and always wanting to help, without being intrusive, nothing was too much trouble. We were a little worried that having a toddler with us wouldn't fit with the setting, however the staff were incredible with our little man and really went out of their way to help us with him.
We ended up eating in the restaurant most of the time, the food was really lovely and it was really convenient with our little one too. We had the pleasure of meeting the owners Peta and Rick and having dinner with them quite a few times. Such lovely people, with a genuine and natural eagerness to please. We were able to use some babysitting services, which really gave us some time to feel like we had a holiday too. We stayed for a week and it seemed like an eternity, which was fabulous! Guys, you have got this so right!

Room Tip: only experience was the treehouse, so cannot compare. This room was amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We absolutely loved our time at Amori Villa. It was the perfect start in every way to our holiday in Bali. We stayed for 4 nights in the Poolside Villa.

The room, location, views, service and food were all first class. However, it was not just the professionalism and exceptional level of customer service that all of the staff provided, but the intangibles that they offered that made the real difference. By that I mean that their friendliness and personalities were very much to the fore, not in an over-familiar way, but all just very natural.

The only downside is that the team made our time there so comfortable that we didn't spend as much time in Ubud and the surrounding area as we had intended.

I really hope that we are able to make a return visit in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple