Definitely specify which room you are getting. We were in the Lebong room. It is dark, and you need to crane your neck to see the rice paddies. It has a walkway running next to it along the side and also the walkway along the front to the upper level rooms, so you have a lot of foot traffic past the room. From reading the other reviews there are bath tubs in some rooms. It also only has air conditioning, not a fan. Which is probably fine for most people, but sleeping in a/c for me is not my personal preference. They probably should consider two tiers of pricing, as this room was quite disappointing.
From what I could see, there are 3 rooms which looked to be worth the price. These are the rooms on the upstairs level, and the room on the ground level overlooking the rice fields. The other two rooms overlook the pool, and when you sit out the front you have people walking by. It is a very small place, so not a huge problem. The room we were in, the Lebong room, sadly for us! - is probably the worst of the lot.
Otherwise, a nice place!! The location is good, and the breakfast is different every day. The pickups, free driver for the day, and service generally is really nice. You need to specify your breakfast time, which of course is needed for the staff to prepare. However, if you are 10 minutes late, expect a phone call inquiring where you are. Not the most relaxing approach for the unplanned sleep in! Having said this, I stress again, the staff were lovely.
I have put is as a good rating, as we came with such good expectations from having read the rooms. I think if we had been in a different room, then the experiences of the other reviews would have been repeated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel hidden in the rice fields, yet at walking distance from the center of Ubud. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Sabandari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sabandari Hotel Ubud
- Villa Sabandari Ubud, Bali