“Cozy place”

Ranked #11 of 543 Ubud B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Cozy place”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I booked Villa Sabandari at the very last minute before visiting Ubud and I am so glad that I chose this small and beautiful hotel. I stayed here only for 2 nights and wished I could have extended my stay for longer upon checking out. The hotel has only 6 rooms and I was assigned to Baris (rooms at Villa Sabandari are named after Balinese dances) that was on the upper floor and the room was very, very stylish and I immediately felt happy and comfortable as soon as I checked in. I was recovering from a very bad stomach problem when I arrived at the hotel (ate lawar merah, a local dish containing pig's fresh blood, the day before...) so decided not to go out and instead stayed in. During my 2 short days at the hotel, I enjoyed the hotel's large swimming pool, delicious breakfast and afternoon tea and slept and rested well. I only went out to meet my local friends in the evenings and Budi, staff and driver, was very charming and helpful while driving me to/from the hotel. 1 small regret after I left: I forgot to ask where they got shampoo and conditioner from for the rooms, as they were excellent! My big thanks to the staff and Bapak Dirk. I would really love to return to Villa Sabandari soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mosquito net over bed if you are scared of bugs and tropical creatures. Also i...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Flying_babi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed in Villa Sabandari for 1 week. We had the best time. So many great things to talk about this place. Nice breakfast, afternoon tea, wonderful spa and massage, nice and quiet place. Most of all, the staff service was the best. I really thank the staff for making our stay so comfortable and welcome. We would certainly recommend this place to our friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Geelong
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We enjoyed every minute of our 6 night stay at Villa Sabandari, from our complimentary pick up at the airport and warm greeting on our arrival at the Villa, until our farewell.
The Villa consists of 6 beautifully appointed rooms set around the infinity pool, overlooking rice fields. It is near the end of a dead end street a short distance from the action in Ubud.
Likes:
The peacefullness and quiet, especially at night.
The courtesy car to drop you anywhere in town or pick you up (almost like a pesonal chauffer).
Cleanliness of Rooms and the whole property.
Pleasant, helpful and very efficient staff.
Afternoon tea (variety of teas with a savory and sweet snack)
The ease of contact with Dirk (owner) to clarify or organise things in general.
We actually enjoyed the variety of breakfast, and were certainly not left hungry.
Pool was fantastic, although a bit on the cool side.
Dislikes:
None

We would absolutelystay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Isle of Man
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Villa Sabandari is peace on earth. After the hustle and bustle of Kuta, we ended our trip in Ubud. All good things have to come to an end and we were so lucky to finish off staying here. It was very peaceful and quite, and you were continually treated with the warmest service from all the staff. The villa is situated a small walk out of town, but don't let this bother you because the hotel drivers are always more than happy to drop you off anywhere in town and pick you up at your convenience - just pass the hotel card to your waiter at the restaurant and the drivers will pick you up after your meal.
Breakfast was served either on your private veranda or another spot of your choice (we always ate on the veranda because of the exceptional view over rice fields and the pool).
Tea was served in the evening, in the same manner as breakfast.
The villa is a perfect place to relax after a hard days hike, or wake up early to watch the sun rise and plan the eventful day ahead.
I would recommend this villa to anyone looking to have a romantic getaway.
I almost forgot - you get a free 15 minute massage on arrival or at a time of your choosing and the therapist was amazing, this was definitely a special treat and one I did not expect.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toro987
Melbourne
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Villa Sabandari is an absolute sanctuary, away from the noise and bustle of central Ubud. A little piece of heaven. The attention to detail is incredible and every new thing we discovered there was like a lovely little surprise gift. From the free afternoon tea served by the pool (delicious home made iced tea, quiche and cake!), to the amazing soap in the bathroom fragranced with a unique blend of essential oils, to the pristine gardens and rice paddy view. The rooms were extremely comfortable. The peace and quiet and tranquility made this a blissful and relaxing place to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Ihearttravel135
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here for a few nights. There is a lot of privacy even though there are just a few rooms on the property. Seems like guests respect that of one another. Vista of the rice paddies is relaxing and lovely. Rooms are nice, spacious.

This was a great place you could feel like relaxing in without having to talk to anyone.

Location is great.

Breakfast was mediocre.

We would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

We were welcomed with a tropical fruit smoothie in a gorgeous reception area. A car and driver was able to take us to town when we wished and a cell numbers was provided for pick up any time we liked. Accept the Good dining recommendations. I liked the outdoor rain shower and especially the scented shampoos and shower gels that they had specially designed from a place In the city. Flowers on the bed, on the night stand, in the bathroom...nice touches, apparently thanks to the owner's thoughtful daughter. We really enjoyed the 2 course breakfast, which were uniquely and specially laid out for us each morning. The afternoon tea was delightful and we were surprised with a home made sweet and savory item each day. If you spend more than three nights there you are able to get a car And driver for 10 hours, but you need to book it a day ahead. Serene an tranquil setting above a rice filled with an endless pool overlooking it. Amazing!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple