This was my second stay at Villa Sabandari, but this time with my husband. We stayed 6 nights as part of our honeymoon, and he fell in love with it just as I had in 2010.
I chose the Lenso room again, which is on the edge of the property, ground floor, right next to the rice fields. It is an amazing spot for privacy and for lovely mornings with breakfast while watching the farmers tend their crops. The outdoor shower is also very nice, but be aware your whole bathroom is outdoors, so you have lots of little visitors. We didn't mind and it adds to the charm.
Breakfast is very good and changes daily. The car service to/from town is very good, too, but Monday is the usual driver's day off, so you may have a bit of a wait while they arrange a partner driving firm to pick you up. Be sure to give as much notice as you can to avoid overly long waits.
One request we have that might improve things a bit is to have some sort of fan on the terraces. The air can be a bit still and with a few flies, so a fan would make it more comfortable.
We loved our stay and can't recommend it enough to everyone. The location is SO IDEAL: in the beautiful, quiet countryside, yet only a tiny drive into Ubud. The staff are FANTASTIC and so attentive and sweet. The property is immaculate and well-designed. As far as we are concerned, it is the only place we will stay in Ubud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Hotel hidden in the rice fields, yet at walking distance from the center of Ubud. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Sabandari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sabandari Hotel Ubud
- Villa Sabandari Ubud, Bali