“A week at Villa Sabandari”
Review of Villa Sabandari

Villa Sabandari
Ranked #5 of 666 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Beautifully maintained and presented place to stay, conveniently located only a short drive or 15 minute walk to Monkey Forrest Road. More peaceful than others which are more central.
Staff are very gentle and helpful with any request. Breakfast and afternoon teas delightful and not just enough without the urge to overeat.

The only downside is limited privacy from the villas out to the pool area where others can see right through so always had to draw the curtains when people were using the pool. Most of the villas have this issue.

Otherwise a very pleasant place to spend a few idle days.

Room Tip: Go for the room on the upper level facing the rice paddies as this is the only villa of the six that...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank coolibaz

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Villa Sabandari for 3 nights and we absolutely loved it! The architecture is stunning and blends effortlessly with the landscaping and rice fields. Villa Sabandari is tranquility at its finest. Despite feeling like its own private world, Villa Sabandari is just a short walk to the main shopping and art district in Ubud.

Our room had a clean, uncluttered elegance with lovely art pieces. The outdoor shower was amazing! My husband and I commented that our room was the least hotel-like and had the most personalized touches of any place we have ever stayed.

The staff was excellent! Delicious breakfasts were served to us on our patio daily. The welcoming massages that came with our room were blissful and an excellent extension of the Villa's essence. The times we needed a ride to or from town a driver was readily available for us.

I could continue raving about Villa Sabandari however I recommend you check this slice of heaven out for yourself.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a beautiful place to stay. Apart from the location, peace, nature, lovely staff and serenity of the place, the owners must know that offering a little extra makes a huge difference. Breakfast was perfect and plenty to keep you going most of the day and afternoon tea is something to look forward to. Great service, best Ive experienced for a long time. Thanks Villa Sabandari. I miss the geckos. 2 weeks next time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Baris room. I would chose this room again
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 3 nights of our 2 weeks honeymoon in Bali. It was best hotel stay ever for both of us. Villa Sabandari is awesome and so beautiful. Everything is perfect - the breakfast, rooms, pool, service and so on. The staff was so nice and the view from the pool to the ricefields was a bless. It was zen allover. Thanks from Denmark for our best hotel stay ever. Haben & David

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had the privilege of staying 6 nights in the Kecuk room at Villa Sabandari at the beginning of July. Dirk and the team at Sabandari work very hard to ensure a peaceful and relaxing stay.

The Villa compound feels safe, secluded and tranquil. The food at breakfast was absolutely delicious and varied. Breakfast changed daily but normally consisted of fruit, yogurts, hot food (pancakes, bacon and eggs...), toast and pastry. Needless to say we did not go hungry.

It is conveniently located 15/20min stroll from the Ubud market which is the center of the town/rou risk area. When returning from a delicious dinner at one of the many great restaurants in Ubud we were able to have the restaurant staff call the villa and someone would be there to take us home within 10-20mins which is plenty of time for one last cocktail :)

Overall we would recommend staying a Villa Sabandari to anyone over 18 and will hopefully return ourselves one day. Thanks again for making our stay so fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kathleen M
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Incredibly zen-like retreat from the busyness of Ubud. Lovely service. Quiet, relaxed - each room a retreat although we preferred the upper level rooms with unobstructed views. Better to book directly on website as will include a driver or airport transfer which we made use of. No TV in room which was actually nice. Spent a lot of time watching farmers on adjacent rice fields. Rooms are air conditioned. There is also an included breakfast (different every day) and afternoon tea which varies as well. We enjoyed these meals on our terrace.

Room Tip: We loved Barong room. Upper level better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyginnyfly
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in Bali for a quick weekend in between meetings in Melbourne and Singapore. I wanted somewhere to relax, have a massage and enjoy a killer meal or two. Wow, Bruno delivered and then some. He recommended locavore for dinner, it was one of the better meals I've had in a while! Bruno scheduled a massage at a place whos name I can't remember...I had a 2 hour session that put me down, in a good way! The rooms were amazing, the design of the property was stunning. The property is right on the edge of a rice paddie and very tranquil. The pool looks out into the paddies as well. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ubud
1 mi away
#1 of 11 in Tegalalang
Jati Cottages
Jati Cottages
#2 of 666 in Ubud

Been to Villa Sabandari? Share your experiences!