Perched in between the forest around Ubud and the rice fields, The Purist is secluded enough to offer incredible peace and tranquility but close enough to town to enjoy the nightlife, restaurants and attractions.
First and foremost, communication with the accommodation is excellent with fast responses to emails unlike many other properties. Upon arrival at the airport, we where greeted by the manager and a driver who whisked us to Ubud providing us with cold towels, water and flowers. Once at the hotel we where escorted directly to the villa; River Villa 1. Through the beautiful grounds and past the stunning pool we arrived at our villa with its own private terrace area as well as a balcony. Once in our room we found the huge comfortable bed in the middle of the room and then through the almost hidden door into the bathroom then through another door, the wonderful outdoor rain-shower and huge bathtub. Absolutely faultless, just perfect! We looked around at all the villas during the course of the week and all where stunning, probably River Villa 2 offers the least privacy though.
Breakfast was provided every morning delivered at a time to suit us and could be eaten privately in the villa terrace or anywhere else around the property really. We picked our selection from the menu tick sheet every evening for the next morning and where provided with the freshest of ingredients - a great way to start the day with french press coffee, pots of tea and beautiful fruit juices. We never ate dinner at the villas as we like to explore and go out in the evening but they had daily specials which needed to be pre-ordered so they could source the produce for the meals individually to ensure freshness.
Due to the size of the property, even when full, you almost always have the pool to yourselves with around 15 people maximum there at one time. The pool is a wonderful infinity type design looking in to the forest. I also tried the spa twice which was reasonably price and provide great treatments.
The hotel provide a complimentary return shuttle to the town centre of Ubud every evening or you can take a taxi for next to nothing. Staff where always on hand and service was always personalised, refined and professional. Staff took the time to get to know us and address us on an individual level by name which was a nice touch.
Due to the location you must expect to see bugs such as ants and suchlike but thats all part of the experience of being in Ubud.
Apart from this, there isn't must more to say except from come and experience it for yourself, it's just second to none.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali