“fantastic”

Ranked #10 of 196 Hotels in Ubud
Vancouver, Canada
“fantastic”
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Beautiful Small hotel. Everything was fantastic from the breakfasts (served in room) to the special dinner ( they accommodated my vegetarian request with no issues) to the pools to the special activities (hotel arranged for a bicycle tour of Ubud and surrounding area which was amazing)

1 Thank jancog

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I am going to keep my review brief as other reviews speak volumns. This place was worth every penny. From the moment we arrived to leaving in a taxi, the service we received was amazing. The manager and staff can not do enough to make you feel welcome and comfortable without getting in your way.

The accomodation was beautiful, we stayed in the Timor villa which was very spacious with great facilities. Dinner was cooked to order and served to us in our villa. They even ran us a bath!

Thanks again your made the stay very enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights and it was remarkable experience. The property and staff were amazing. I wish I could have stayed longer and already thinking about making reservation for next year.

• Stayed July 2011
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We stayed there for 3 days , July 21- 24, with my 7 years old daughter. When we arrived, the receipionst told us that there was a mistake in the booking and they offered us to stay in Garden Villa for the 1st 2 nights (which was an ungrade from our original booking) and River 1 Villa for the 3rd night. We did have some confusion about the arrangement in the beginning but were very pleased by their excellent service at once. The staff and the Manager Sugeen (hope I got the spelling right) were vv friendly and helpful, even the hotel driver was v nice too! The afternoon tea was a nice surprise and we loved the ginger tea and cookies. We also found that the villas offer a spacious, quiet enviornment and privacy. The main pool is hardly used by the hotel guest. When we left, the hotel Manager gave my daughter a small gift which was a nice touch and very sweet of him. All in all, Purist has given us a good impression and we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: River 1Villa has a spacious open air living room. The half open bath tub is breathing taking. And i...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MSLau
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was in a dilemma three months back when I was deciding about my next vacation destination. When I finally decided upon Bali I referred tripadvisor as usual for the best hotels in Bali. The Purist Villas and Spa seemed like an indisputable choice.
Well I was not let down. I was at The Purist for 04 nights and both me & my wife just didn't feel like leaving.
We have traveled a lot & yet this is the first time I actually felt like writing a review. I am not going to say much about how fantastic the property is coz there might be many hotel properties out there which could be just as gorgeous. But what really makes the difference is the people here. I cant believe myself that I actually remember the names of the Butler - Antara (This guy is ever ready to do anything under the sun just to make you comfortable & all with a smile on his face), the Chauffeur - Wayan (He kept us entertained with his knowledge & interesting trivia about Bali while taking us to different exotic locales), The Manager - Gede Sedana (He was always inquiring about our comfort, always smiling & even gifted my wife with local bangles as souvenir. We were really touched) .
From Bali we headed to Kuala Lumpur & was staying at the Crowne Plaza but I can't remember a single name or face there.
We stayed at the Hill Villa there & it is the best villa available there with privacy for the private pool.
The only flip-side in this otherwise dream like property was the early morning crowing of the rooster.
We definitely plan to visit this property again.

1 Thank GN1802
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We fell in love with the property when we browse the net to search for a great lodging during our vacation in Bali. Everything looks so beautiful with quite a lot of positive reviews.
We got immediate response when we booked it via their website although the funny thing was they quoted us the normal rate when we saw a promotion rate for the same period and for the type of villa we booked. We didn't really bother with it at that time but in the end we kinda regretted it.

The likes:
friendly and also helpful staff,
bikes available for free although they were in poor condition (rusty),
gorgeous breakfast (a la carte),
great massage,
(could've been) a great hideaway and
perfect for relaxation

The dislikes:
other services such as car rental, airport transfer and/or city transfer (they charged it at the same amount) are quite a RIP-OFF;
thanks to the construction (workers) next to our bathroom it was uncomfortable if we want to use it during the day since there are no curtains or such at some point in there;
slightly poor maintenance of the property;
pictures on their website are outdated e.g. there were no restaurant/dining room anymore at the opposite of the reception, but it's a combo between "living room" and "dining room" with 2 dining tables;
extra surcharge if the bill was settled with credit card.

Overall experiences were not really as superb as we expected but it was also not that bad.

Room Tip: Jungle villa, the pool is just few steps away
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank naflo
albertocortes, Manager at The Purist Villas and Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Highly appreciated for your valuable feedback.
It is very much helping us to develop our future services.

In regard of the construction next door, it is actually beyond our capability, but for sure this project will be finish very soon.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience experience during your stay and hoping that we could accommodate you back at The Purist Villas and Spa sometimes in the nearest future.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife and I stayed in River Villa 1 during April and had the most amazing stay. Gorgeous villas with private entrance and our own butler plus a beautiful daily breakfast were just some of the amazing things this place has to offer. We were able to do yoga every morning on the yoga deck with our own teacher and the Purist is only 5 mins drive from the town centre. Definately will stay here again next time we visit Ubud.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple