We stayed in the Purist Villas, Ubud in October.
We were a little disappointed in Ubud, with it's extremely busy roads, bus loads of tourists, hundreds of motor scooters, tacky shops and noise! But....A short drive out of the town and you are in beautiful, lush countyside, rice fields and pretty villages. The people are very friendly and welcoming.
We arrived at The Purist Villas, after a 10 minute drive up a little side street of barking stray dogs, smoky lit fires, temples and the hustle, bustle of village life.
Upon our arrival we were hustled away, it seemed very quickly down to our villa, a welcome drink arrived, a garland of flowers put around our necks and the door closed. No information given about the complex and or surroundings, we felt a little cut off.
Unfortunately we were booked to stay in the Jungle Villa, ok if you want to be away from everyone in your own seclusion, it is located in amongst the tall trees and foliage, (the villa is very dark). I asked if we could move to another villa, there wasn't anything available at that time, but on the last day, they were more than happy to move us up to the Garden Villa with it's own pool, fantastic in comparison! The Purist Villa complex is very beautiful in design, contemporary with a Balinese twist.
Both villas were unique and beautiful, the furniture and beds very comfortable, the bathrooms and showers wonderful.
Although first impressions not so good, the Purist team are friendly, helpful and efficient, they seem to appear from no where.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.
Thank you Purist Team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali