We stayed in The Purist during the last weekend of June 2012.
What we wanted was a weekend of escapism and we could not have booked a better place then The Purist! This is truly an amazing and trendsetting resort where you feel one with nature. The name of the resort could not have been better picked!
The location is stunning as it is hidden away in a traditional Balinese village but still very close to the centrum of Ubud. Also the world famous rice terraces of Tegalalang are within reach.
We were welcomed in a very warm and gentle way and felt immediately home. We were lucky enough to have The Hill Villa which comes with a private pool and stunning view over Bali's beauty. It is only a couple of steps down to the very big lap pool overlooking rice fields, jungle and river.
We practically did not leave the villa as we wanted to soak up as much as we could from this unique experience. The decoration is very stylish and the service is one of the best we have ever experienced. Expect the very best butler service you can dream of and you are very close by! We cannot rave enough about the butler service! Distinct, very friendly and effective!
For breakfast we could choose from a lot of options and we had it every morning served in our Bale along the pool. Super! We also specifically would like to recommend the mango salad which we had for lunch! This is for sure the best mango salad we have ever tasted combining a world of flavors.
To summarize our stay : it was perfect and we would like to thank everyone of The Purist team to provide us with such a wonderful memory!
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali