Thanks to the TA reviews, we found this hotel. They were very responsive via email when I booked a few months ahead. We stayed at the Hill Villa, which was perfect for us. 4 adults and my 3-year old daughter. We had a small private pool, which we used... and also we spent an afternoon at the shared pool (which had no one... so it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves).
The staff were all super friendly to my daughter and they adhered to all requests. They even bought some new DVDs to keep my daughter entertained because their current stock were mostly appealing to boys. I really appreciated that!
They helped to organize a small birthday cake which was delivered on the breakfast morning of hubby's birthday... I requested for it a few weeks before arriving. The only downside on that morning was our balcony was ultra, ultra sunny & hot, and we didn't have blinds to protect us from the sun.... we had to use the hotel umbrellas to just try to block some of the sun away to at least finish the rest of our private breakfast in the balcony. After I requested the blinds, they installed it the next day, so we were able to enjoy our breakfast at the balcony sans the sunburn.
They are very accommodating and friendly. People who are looking for quietness, bliss and privacy should check out this hotel. We also had a couple of meals at the hotel, my husband's birthday dinner and another time at the poolside. Wouldn't say it was cheap, but it wasn't crazily expensive as well.
The only thing I wish our Hill Villa had was a toilet on the upstairs floor. That would have been convenient especially at night!
Oh, and one thing that bothered me... was some of the sounds I heard at night. I know it may be weird, but there were some weird bird sounds one night, then maybe the aircon or something was making some short knocking noises. It woke me up in all the nights we stayed there. After we moved to Legian (will make a review for Stones Hotel Legian), I slept better... maybe because it is a huge hotel and had complete and utter silence.
Overall I would say this place is memorable and recommended for families. We also tried the spa (and got a 10% discount). It was nice. They also have a chauffeur service which was convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali