A excellently ran, small, friendly, asthetically pleasing resort. Nothing was too much trouble for everyone we encountered on our week long stay here. The staff were courteous without being overbaring. They got it absolutely spot on in every regard. I would not hesitate to recommend The Purist to any of our friends. In fact friends have already asked, what was it like as they wanted to stay here. My advice would be to see for yourself. It is probably one of the best stays we have had in Bali, if not Asia, after living here 13 years.
We stayed in the Bamboo villa, again, asthetically pleasing and docorated in a minimal Asian Contemporary style. It had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
The whole place has an unnerving attention to detail and that goes for all the staff as well, who were just simply brilliant in every regard.
I can understand when previous reviewers have stated that by reviewing The Purist it no longer becomes a 'hidden gem', but I can't let such service and place go without a big, big thank you...
Matt & Naomi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali