Thanks so much to ALLof the staff at The Purist that made our first stay in Bali so amazing. We stayed 7 nights in the Jungle villa which was just perfect for my husband and I. Very quiet & private, beautiful furnishings in the villa (like all of the villas and the rest of the resort!), and service was top notch. Coming from Canada, we were in awe of the beautiful surroundings, the art work, stone & wood carvings and general peaceful feeling of the resort. Our biggest decision of the day was what time to have breakfast, and whether to have it served at our villa or poolside. We felt so very spoiled. Although this villa did not have its own private pool, the main pool was like having our own as there were very few times that other guests were using it, plus some of the other villas have their own private pool.
We had a few dinners at the resort all of which were delicious and beautifully prepared.
We spent a few days touring Ubud, taking in a few hikes (recommended by the staff) into the stunning countryside and also did a couple of very enjoyable day trips with Darma, one of the Purist's drivers/guides. He was a pleasure to be with and we thoroughly enjoyed our couple of days with him.
Thanks again for a truly wonderful experience - we hope to be back some day! John & Lorraine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali