We have just returned from an incredibly relaxing week at the Purist in Ubud. If you are looking for a quiet home-away-from-home with excellent service in very pretty surroundings, this is the place to choose. We stayed at the Garden villa which is bright and nicely decorated and which has the largest private pool. The bed in the villa is excellent, the shower sexy, the sunbeds outside are large and the dining area next to the pool is superb.
The service provided by the Purist is very friendly and not intrusive, which means that they respect your privacy when you do not require their services. Breakfast, lunch and dinner can be served in the comforts of the villa, or in the central lounge area. We chose to stay at our villa for most of the time, as all services are just a phone call away. As it should, all staff are very helpful and interested in your well-being.
We also had the opportunity to use the spa facilities. The spa is located in a separate villa and offers different kinds of treatments. We were very pleased with the level of professionalism in the treatments, but be sure to double-check your bookings, as we experienced some (minor) problems here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali