We spent 3 nights in the Bamboo Villa at the Purist, having read the reviews here on Trip Advisor and been impressed by the rating and we weren't disappointed!. It really was a beautiful oasis amidst the chaos of the Balinese streets. Everything from the attention to detail in the rooms, the service from the wonderful butlers to the food on the room service menu was excellent.
We hired a driver for a half day, which was well worth while as he took us to all the most interesting temples around Ubud as well as the obligatory Monkey Forest.
While other reviews mention the wait for food ordered off the menu, we found that this seemed fairly prompt so it was never an issue and we absolutely loved the amazing breakfasts we were served at the table in our private courtyard every morning.
We were also impressed by the small personal touches like the gift of a beautiful box with some wooden bangles that the manager gave us as we were leaving.
All in all a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend the Purist to anyone planning on staying near Ubud.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali