This is the best hotel I have stayed in. The villas are beautifully designed, extremely comfortable and are in the most amazing setting. We stayed in the River Villas and the Garden Residence during the 7 days we stayed at the Purist. Both are gorgeous. The River Villas have an exquisite view over a 'jungle' and a lovely communal area. The Garden Residence is capacious, the private pool is lovely and the villas well designed. Bathrooms in all villas are brilliant. The River Villas do not have their own private pool but are adjacent to the main pool which is stunning.
What made the stay at the Purist, however, was the staff. They work incredibly hard to ensure guests have a memorable stay. Everyone we met were courteous and helpful. The driver who met us at the airport and retuned us deserves a particular mention.
I have only one issue to raise. The Purist is being extended and four more villas are being built. We were told work would start at 10.00am and stop at 5.00. This was not always the case and on one morning when we were having breakfast the hammering could be heard at 8.20am. I complained and it was stopped. It did resume subsequent days. Most websites warn guests that there will be some noise when building work is going on. Not the case here. I do think the Purist should have reduced their high season charge while this is going on.
Only a small criticism in an otherwise perfect stay - oh, and breakfast are pretty good too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located four minutes’ drive from Ubud centre, The Purist Villas is a design-inspired oasis of calm. A collection of seventeen unique and spacious luxury residences, villas, and suites, most with private swimming pools, complimented by an elevated wellness centre, poolside restaurant and lounge areas. Contemporary and Indonesian architecture has been thoughtfully combined, well-furnished, and styled with a large and valuable collection of fine textiles and Indonesian artefacts. Owner-designers Yvonne Hulst and Alberto Cortes, together with architect Joost van Grieken have created a most spectacular villa resort, a beautiful estate, in harmony with the landscape of the lush valley of the Tawar river. Featuring an eclectic palette of materials, including recycled wood, lava & limestone, green river stones, and authentic artefacts from years of traveling the Indonesian archipelago. Balisimo restaurant, situated poolside in the peaceful Purist environment, honours the slow food philosophy. Fresh, organic produce prepared by an experienced team of Chefs results in a collection of healthy and delicious seasonal menus. The devoted and well-trained team of dedicated Butlers are intuitive to guests needs, establishing the Purist villas excellent reputation for superior, attentive service. The Purist Spa offers a range of blissful Ayurvedic treatments and uses high-end Sensatia products; Ayurveda is the ancient Indian philosophy of healing and wellbeing, focusing on re-balancing energy. The Purist's meditation and yoga therapists are finely attuned to the practice of working with energy, having mastered the art of mindful touch. The Purist Villas have brought a new benchmark of luxury boutique villa resort accommodation to Ubud and should not be missed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Purist Villas and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Purist Villas Hotel Ubud
- The Purist Villas And Spa Ubud, Bali