“Fantastic retreat in the hectic town.”
Review of Anhera Suite

Anhera Suite
Ranked #345 of 615 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for 3 nights here and could easily have stayed longer. The hotel is slightly out of town, about 3km with a little hill to reach it. The hotel provide free shuttle service whenever you need them so long as the cars are not already out however walked the distance with no problems. The street is busy but as soon a you're through the doors you wouldn't know.

The hotel comprises of 8 huge rooms each with a private garden and jacuquzzi bath. The photo's do not do justice to The rooms which are amazing. Huge king size bed, separate rain shower,his and her sinks and flat screen tv with lots of channels. Wifi is also free. Best hotel room I have ever stayed in with huge welcome basket of fruit and lots o little pots of toiletries. Laundry is also great price and came back pressed!

The staff are always smiling and bE very helpful. They made reservations for us with ease and ensured that during our stay everything was as we wanted.

The menu for dinner we never tried as there are so many fantastic places to eat in town however the prices were on par with the restaurants and the upstairs dining room looked lovely.

Breakfast is great with a huge 3 courses of fruit, pastries and egg/bacon with fresh juice and coffee.

Pools are lush and quiet due to The small number of rooms. Had we had time I would happily have stayed all day in the hotel! Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 31 July 2012

After reading everyone else's reviews I'm sorry to say our experience wasn't that great. We only stayed one night for a special treat, and I found the service was quite poor. There was a mix up with the rooms, our driver to the airport was only booked after we followed up three times and the plug in the beautiful spa bath was broken. The room, while lovely to look at and clean, had a strong smell of damp. The views were wonderful and breakfast was delicous, but after a wonderful experience in Seminyak for the same price, I was left feeling very dissapointed by our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I was surprised by Anhera. Its always been a bit of a sleepy place when I used to come here to swim - they have a wonderful pool with a charming overhanging frangipani tree - the staff ambled fairly aimlessly about and were never much in evidence. So when I thought to try it for my family when they came to visit, I didn't expect too much. Silly me.

The rooms are beautiful - big spacious wooden floored spaces with terraces that overlook Campuan valley and a view beyond to Agung - really spectacular. The bed is big and comfy, there is a sofa bed, wifi, good a/c, a little garden. The website they have doesn't really do justice to the rooms at all.

The bathrooms too were wonderful - large spa bath, candles, salts, separate excellent shower, and enough space to dance in. I had a late night candlelit warm bath facing out to the view. So nice. Great also to have so much space. You certainly don't feel cramped in these rooms with their views and the size.

The other facilities are not up to much - there is a pretty spa and I think if you give them notice they will arrange massage (easier to pop over to the fantastic Sedona close by though). The breakfast was fine, but the dining area suffers a bit from noise from the road, although the balcony is pretty enough. They will serve down by the room though, so ask for that.

We will be back - it is a lovely place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed 3 night and it was fantastic experience. The place is amazing, the rooms a large with a great design and fabulous view. Gorgeous large bathroom with a bath tab over viewing the rice paddies, such a romantic place. very nice breakfast and very good service. We will recommend the place. The only disadvantage is the the place is long walking distance from Ubud, up the hill.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Amazing place in Ubud. The beautiful view of the rice terrace from the swimming pool. Room is big with ensuite bathroom (jacuzzi). Beautiful garden. Breakfast was delicious, option of hot cooked american, indonesian, or continental with selection of fresh fruit juice and tea/coffee. Service was top class.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed there three times so far, for about a week each time. The rooms are huge and well-appointed--very chic. Staff are great. Location is very convenient with gorgeous views of the Campuhan Ridge. Free transport into town for shopping or dinner--they'll pick you up too, just call! There is a big pool, good for swimming laps. They have a spa as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamWoodward
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I recently stayed at Anhera and I would highly recommend it. The staff are fabulous and very helpful. The rooms are very clean and well designed. The views are simply stunning. It is quite central and they offer a free shuttle if you need to head into the town centre. Wireless is also available. I highly recommend staying at Anhera!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends