Kunang-Kunang Guesthouse
US$214
US$721
US$538
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housericestreet noisehanoman streetlocation is excellentpeaceful stayclean roomsgreat poolper daynight staystayed here for nightskafefieldbalconyaccommodationsbalibathtub
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for two nights with the room facing the rice fields. Rooms are spotless n clean and comfortable.

I like how a flask of hot tea is placed on the table at the porch for free for your daily consumption.

Garden n guesthouse areas are well maintained. There is a small pool which is an added plus. Simple breakfast of fruits,eggs and toast is provided. Some may complain that portion is too small but really with the price you're paying, I was fine with the simple morning breakie.

Location wise, walking distance from most shops else a taxi could take u around.

Worth every penny for a peaceful and comfortable stay. The boys that took care of the place are friendly and are constantly upkeeping the place. Great job!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Veronica1984
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We were here at the end of Jan. A group of us. We had a range of rooms from AC superior to Fan standard (ground floor with bathtub and 3rd floor with shower). AC superior is facing the paddy field. All rooms were good, spacious, and clean, bathroom were clean. What i like is the sink in the bedroom rather than in the bathroom (standard rooms). The room was also done everyday. One night we had one guest talked at a level below us, and it was really loud. But, it never really bothered me as most of the time the hotel was quiet.
The pool was good, and we used it at night.
Breakfast was a bit small to us but sufficient, had banana pancake and fresh fruit with coffee/tea. Bfast is changed everyday.The bfast might be delayed as only 1 person is in charge, so if you are in a group get some to go first.
Parking will need to be done at the main road, except for motorcycle.
The only thing I have to really criticize is the drain leading to the guesthouse as it was blocked with garbage and the size was not sufficient to navigate the heavy pouring rain. So yeah, you might need to weave through a minor flash flood.
Staff was courteous and always helpful. I would recommend this one...
The place is also close to many eateries, shops and kecak dance performance at night.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor for Fan standard room, or AC superior for rooms facing the paddy field.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2011

the hotel is like a resort in the rice field, there's no parking lot but you can park you car along the road nearby. rice view is so beautiful especially in the morning with foggy. I love their breakfast, it's a kind of Ro-tee but I don't know the name , it's ro-tee with some piece of banana, it's so tasty with coffee. the room is ok but not very clean though. the second floor balcony view is awesome, for the tourist information, you can ask the reception desk.I love Kun's staff, they guided me how to drive back to the airport and to kitamanee mountain and also kota beach. if you have a chance to ubud, don't forget to think about the place like heaven called "Kunang-Kunang". I hope to come back and stay there for a month :) peace and calm.

Room Tip: good view is on the second floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank thepum
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed a fortnight at Kunang-Kunang and hope to return. Kun and his staff were very friendly and helpful and I felt at home there. My room was a standard room on the ground floor, with a rice paddy just outside my door, and always a thermos full of tea so that I could sit there and enjoy the view, or watch the life of the little lane leading to the street (there are three guesthouses in this lane). The overall style of Kunang-Kunang is traditional, both in the rooms and the service - I really liked the frangipanni flowers distributed afresh each morning. My room was simple and plain, quite basic in fact (no TV), but comfortable, and always kept very clean. The really modern touch was the pool, which was lovely to look at while having breakfast. And the location is excellent.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2011

After what seemed like hours of searching for a place to stay we found this place. They brought us up to what seemed to be their best room - the one in the 2nd floor corner with nice views of the pool and rice fields.

The staff members were really friendly. The service was good too, they gave us tea when we checked in and then left a fresh thermos on our table in the (very early) morning. Plus they always seemed to be cleaning the place and leaving fresh flowers everywhere.

The corner room had nice views but the furniture was pretty crappy. The overly small vanity looked like it had been left in out the rain for a couple nights.

In retrospect we may have paid a higher rate, but maybe it was because of the nice views? Anyway, they asked for 300000Rp and we didn't bargain. Oh well, I think it was a fair price but we did move on the next night looking for a better deal.

It wasn't a perfect hotel for us but it had a good breakfast and a nice pool in a pretty setting. It might be perfect for someone else.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple