“Experience the inner self in a magic place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oneworld retreats Kumara
Ranked #14 of 598 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 6 December 2011

There's something about Bali ... it's magic and I was charmed by the beauty of the retreat centre Kurmara Sakti. I had a large private room with a nice little balcony overlooking the jungle, & rice fields. To get to the room, you have to pass like an enchanted pond, with little round stones… it feels like this place comes out of a fairy-tale.

The retreat was amazingly well organized : the yoga classes were excellent, the food was nice and the staff remarkable. I enjoyed the different activities foreseen in the program and I learned a lot about the Balinese culture. This retreat is a MUST DO!

Room Tip: Make sure to book well in advance!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 November 2011

"Escape The World" retreatment in Bali at Kumara resort was just absolutely wonderful. It was more I could imagine from this trip. The people there just made me feel like I am a little princess in a paradise. I enjoyed every single second there and after a week I was just full of so much energy and happiness. I strongly recommend everyone to go there, because they have paid an attention for a every single little detail there! The food was lovely, hotel rooms were gorgeous, yoga instructor was awesome, spa treatments were the best and other activities were super. So overall Kumara is fantastic place to go for a relaxing holiday!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2011

This retreat was everything I imagined, and more... wonderful, amazing, enriching, nourishing and inspiring! Outstanding accommodation and food, wonderful staff and life changing/enhancing experiences. What else can I say? I will be back for more!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I spent 5 nights at the Kumara on a One World yoga retreat in August. I was travelling alone and had no idea what to expect but this place exceeded my expectations in every way - and I have high expectations! My room was lovely, the food was outstanding and plentiful and the yoga program was fabulous. Claude, Iyan, Wayan and all of the staff are beautiful - nothing is too much trouble and they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. It's hard to put into words the experience I had at the Kumara, except to say that it changed my life, for the better. I would love to go back one day.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I travelled solo as a woman. I stayed for 4 nights in a room overlooking the rice paddies, I loved that they being tour breakfast to your balcony everymorning, they are very unintruisive. Nothing was too hard for reception, they were always helpful and staff spoke good English. I like the free wifi in the pla e but there was also a computer room to use if u didn't have your iPhone or laptop. The earthquake was scary and this is the only thing I found unprofessional, I was alone yelling out the window, no one came as everyone ran outside, when the earthquake had subsided I walked outside and I was in big shock. There was no professionalism, in fact I felt very alone and a little ridiculed for being in such shock. I just would of expected more from this in terms of evacucuatin procedures, policies and professionalism. Other than this which hopefully won't happen too soon again it was great place all round. Tge breakfast is minimal choice, and small but organic. No bath, and in my bathroom the window looked out onto the pathway to my room.. That was a bit revealing. But there were little things Like water paints on my desk with paper.. Oil burner and tea lights.. It's beautiful. The spa was amazing and the massage and oil dripped on the forhead is a must! Don't hesitate to book there.
I forgot to mention Ian the yoga teacher - what amazing sessions .. Thank u Ian ..

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank EX_Travel8gent
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Just spent 5 nights at Kumara with friends. The property is lovely, the location is great & peaceful. The rooms are all different and are comfortable. The staff are fantastic and certainly made our stay a memorable one. I had very minimal yoga experience and my friends had no yoga experience but we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was plentiful, fresh and delicious. The spa treatments were to die for!! For those of us who liked a little shopping, the free shuttle bus down to Ubud central was very convenient.
If you are looking for a little 'me' time.........give it a go!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I am a busy working mother of a 3-year old who decided to giver herself a solo-trip break. I had always fancied going on a yoga retreat. I came across One World Retreats and thought I would give it a try as I had also wanted to go to Bali. This ended up being everything I had hoped for and needed.
LOCATION
The location is first and foremost a great set-up. The resort is a series of villas built into the side of a steep gorge with a river at the base. The buildings are made from local volcanic rocks and have lush vegetation growing over them. It gives the feel of living and moving through a temple.
ROOMS
The villas are simple but nice. I had a room with a beautiful view of the rice paddies on the other side of the gorge. I also had an outdoor bathroom/ shower which was very nice. There are small refrigerators and tea/ coffee making supplies in the rooms.
YOGA
Iyan the instructor is a what you imagine from a yogi, gentle and serene. He makes yoga approachable for those who have little to no experience to those fo us who have more experience. I enjoyed the open air room overlooking the gorge and the feel of the breeze while going through my daily asanas. The yoga is a mix of Ashtanga and Iyengar.
SPA
Blissful! You get 2 spa treatments withe your week package and an extra if you book way in advance. These were not normal 50-60 min treatments either! They lasted for 2+ hours. The Chakra balancing massage was one of the most relaxing moments ever. I had multiple therapists and they were all highly skilled. The spa treatments are also open air which adds in my opinion to the relaxation.
FOOD
I never wanted to stop eating. Every meal was a gourmet and healthy delight. The best part was that we got the recipes for everything we ate.
VALUE
Unbelievable - check the website out for yourself. It is the best money you could ever spend on yourself.
CONCLUSION
Go! If you want yoga, spa and great food in a great location then look no further. I know I will be going back just not soon enough!

Room Tip: Ask for a villa overlooking the rice paddies.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo