“Fantastic yoga in an amazing setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oneworld retreats Kumara
Ranked #19 of 615 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for a week and took advantage of the daily yoga classes which were fantastic. Room was beautiful. Food was great, fresh and healthy. Ate so much fruit and their ginger tea is amazing! Spa was wonderful and fantastic value. Was great to sit on our balcony and watch the squirrels run across the trees. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank keluc1

Reviewed 16 May 2012

A perfect place to indulge your senses. This is the second time I have attended a yoga retreat at Kumara . Total luxury. The food was sensational. My rooms were private and very comfortable & clean. Yoga was blissful. The spa treatments heavenly. The staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank LouiseHTasmania
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed at Kumara in April and attended the 'Escape the World Retreat'. It was an amazing experience. Upon arriving at Kumara I felt calmer and a sense of belonging. The accommodation was spacious, clean and afforded lovely views. The yoga led by Iyan was fantastic even if I was only a beginner and injured! Iyan and Wayan went out of their way to show you alternative moves. I learnt an incredible amount during the retreat with respect to yoga and spirituality and from Iyan's teachings as well as a fantastic exposure to Balinese culture. The spa treatments are beautiful, so relaxing and indulging. The food is heavenly, so much variety, so much flavour and so beautifully prepared. The staff are amazing, so attentive and efficient. Claude and Iyan, thank you for an amazing experience. I loved my time at Kumara it is a beautiful place and I can't wait
to return one day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MelliiL
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Whether you are looking for an amazing yoga experience, lovely accommodations in a beautiful place or just a quick getaway this is the place to go. I am a true beginner in yoga, but traveled with a friend who has quite a bit of experience - we attended the "Escape The World" retreat run by Iyan and Wayan and we thought both of them were wonderful. The attention to details from the yoga program to meals to the spa treatments were flawless.

The setting is truly like staying a beautiful monastery with great food and a spa - perfect! Claude should be extremely proud of his team and how they make everyone feel very welcome.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank majorcat721
Reviewed 26 April 2012

In April 2012 I went on a one week yoga retreat at Kumara with my mother (Family but not for children). I was expecting to deepen my practice and relax from my hectic job but I received so much more. The staff are totally dedicated to ensure every guest has the rewarding and relaxing experience. Most details go unnoticed but they are very meticulous. I didn't have to think about a thing.

The yoga teachers were fantastic and very helpful in guiding us on an experience that encompassed not only our physical self but also our emotional and spiritual well being. We also were immersed (literally) into the beautiful Balinese culture with many cultural talks and rituals.

The scenery is beautiful and the rooms are clean, fresh, and clutter free. There was a little construction noise from other adjoining resorts but that can't be helped. The rooms, pool, and yoga pavilion overlook the jungle which was just so amazingly relaxing and rejuvenating. Every experience in intertwined to make this a very rewarding journey. You don't have to be an expert at yoga either. Iyan and Wyann were very accommodating to every level of yoga from first timers or more advanced practitioners. All in all, can't say anything but good things. I wish I could go back today.

Oh... I forgot about the food. THE FOOD. So delicious and so good for you. Amazing meals, together with your new friends every night. Yum!

Very Highly recommended. I hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Asking for a room with a jungle view might be better. Some rooms were further away.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Catie M
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I loved everything about this place. The rooms are spacious and clean. The views are beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The only negative is the dining - our breakfast each day was medicore. However, you get great value for your money and you feel like you are in a different world yet only 3 minutes from central Ubud by scooter or shuttle.

I think if I was enrolled in one of the retreats I would have given this place 5 stars as they serve up meals along with the stay. I wish I had checked into this place from the beginning as I spent the previous 10 nights at the Royal Kamuela Monkey Forest Road.

I left on Sunday and said good bye to heaven longing to return another day!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple