“Great accommodation but perhaps not ideal for non-retreat participants”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Oneworld Retreats Kumara
Ranked #22 of 622 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Having read such great reviews on TripAdvisor, we stayed here for 1 night (only night available between retreats). The pictures don't lie, the place is great but... Only being there for 24 hours we only had time to do 1 yoga class and the spa (with limited staff during non-retreat times) had no availability for us the whole time. Great spot but maybe not worth a 1 night stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kellie L

Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at Kumara for a weekend package 17th August till 19th August, 2012 it was an amazing 3 days, warm welcome, I had room no. 10 and it was amazing, It was my first time doing yoga I really enjoyed it, it was hard but worth it. We then did a walk through the rice fields and had lunch at a wonderful organic restaurant, the food was delicious. It was my first time on my own and I was a little bit scared but they made you feel like family, the massages were too die for, the pool area was spectacular, I loved the little frangipanis that were put around your room after they make up the room, the little extras like paint, paper, pencils so you can draw if you want, the rooms are huge, comfy king bed, I cant say enough wonderful things about this resort it was Perfect for relaxation and peace and quiet. Thankyou Kumara for helping me to put a smile back on my face and peace in my heart ..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank l p
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed for a week, including a five day Pilates and meditation retreat. Kumara essentially only caters for retreats so there were no other guests apart from our group of 11. The rooms are beautifully designed, they do differ slightly, but all have quality bedding, spacious balconies and large bathrooms. The air conditioning is excellent. The bathrooms are probably not quite at the standard of the rest of the retreat but they are perfectly adequate. All the staff were fantastic, great service and fabulous food. Complimentary shuttle service is available down the hill to the centre of Ubud if you feel compelled to shop, however its only a 20 minutes walk. The Spa service was outstanding, if you visit Kumara, try every treatment you can fit in!

Room Tip: all the rooms are different and most offer views of the rice paddies on the other side of the valley...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank GladJohn
Reviewed 15 August 2012

A refreshing, cool, lime juice and a warm, friendly smile was to be the start of an amazing and unforgettable week. The staff at Kumara are wonderful and ever so helpful. The food is amazing!! Then there's the massages and treatments. (OMG the massages!) And of course there's the yoga.
Kumara is great for those wanting to reconnect and treat themselves or to just to find themselves again. The retreat was fuel for the mind, body and soul. For a week I felt like royalty with all the pampering and delicious meals.The retreat was perfection at its best.
Hats off to Kumara and the team!! Such an amazing experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank littleange
Reviewed 8 August 2012

A beautiful setting, tended by graceful and caring staff. The massages were fantastic :) I loved the whole retreat concept - it was my first experience and I'm hooked - its the perfect holiday for body, mind and soul. I saw people transform before my eyes within days. My only gripe was the noise from nearby construction.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Petrol74
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The team, the land, the people, the spirit and so much more....
I have traveled the world for more than 30 years and I have NEVER had a more wonderful vacation. OneWorld retreats at Kumara has "it down", they know exactly what is needed and yet it isn't fake, it is of the utmost spiritual blessing. You leave this magnificent place feeling stronger, knowing yourself better and determine to make the needed changes in your life.
The most difficult part?? Returning to the western mindset... while holding on as strongly as you can to what you learned...from your self...
Next time must come back for a longer vacation -
The very best of every sense... well beyond my wildest expectations.
Bravo Kumara - you truly are the very best!!!!
Peace and Happiness to you all.
Leigh (Seattle)

Room Tip: Don't delay - come right away! :) Ha!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Leigh B
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My stay at Kumara Sakti in Ubud-Bali was truly an escape to the world. I was fed up with the city life and retreated to Ubud for some me-time and Kumara made it come true. I love every bit of the program. The yoga was self-challenging (I did my 1st head stand here, yay me!), divine meals (healthy too), the spa was just blissful, peaceful resort and surroundings and the team was very welcoming and helpful. I truly felt at home during my stay at Kumara. It was the perfect retreat to reconnect my "being". I will visit Kumara again in the future. Namaste.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo