“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #7 of 542 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Los Angeles, California
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! :)”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I had the pleasure of attending the 'Escape the World' retreat at the end of last month and it was a life-changing, incredible experience! I cannot recommend it more highly - Iyan, Wayan, Claude and their wonderful team have perfected the yoga/meditation retreat experience and it clearly shines through during your experience. Food is incredible, yoga is appropriate for all levels (I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years and accommodations were made to challenge me, while a few others in our group had less yoga experience and were also easily accommodated) Meditation practice and instruction was spectacular. I cannot recommend this retreat more highly - I hope to come back and complete it again in a few years! Thank you Iyan(!), Wayan, Claude and your whole team - you guys are THE BEST! :)

Room Tip: Was fortunate enough to stay in the 'Teacher's Room' and it was spacious, comfortable, l...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank KGP13003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Having read such great reviews on TripAdvisor, we stayed here for 1 night (only night available between retreats). The pictures don't lie, the place is great but... Only being there for 24 hours we only had time to do 1 yoga class and the spa (with limited staff during non-retreat times) had no availability for us the whole time. Great spot but maybe not worth a 1 night stay.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kellie L
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at Kumara for a weekend package 17th August till 19th August, 2012 it was an amazing 3 days, warm welcome, I had room no. 10 and it was amazing, It was my first time doing yoga I really enjoyed it, it was hard but worth it. We then did a walk through the rice fields and had lunch at a wonderful organic restaurant, the food was delicious. It was my first time on my own and I was a little bit scared but they made you feel like family, the massages were too die for, the pool area was spectacular, I loved the little frangipanis that were put around your room after they make up the room, the little extras like paint, paper, pencils so you can draw if you want, the rooms are huge, comfy king bed, I cant say enough wonderful things about this resort it was Perfect for relaxation and peace and quiet. Thankyou Kumara for helping me to put a smile back on my face and peace in my heart ..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank l p
Buninyong, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed for a week, including a five day Pilates and meditation retreat. Kumara essentially only caters for retreats so there were no other guests apart from our group of 11. The rooms are beautifully designed, they do differ slightly, but all have quality bedding, spacious balconies and large bathrooms. The air conditioning is excellent. The bathrooms are probably not quite at the standard of the rest of the retreat but they are perfectly adequate. All the staff were fantastic, great service and fabulous food. Complimentary shuttle service is available down the hill to the centre of Ubud if you feel compelled to shop, however its only a 20 minutes walk. The Spa service was outstanding, if you visit Kumara, try every treatment you can fit in!

Room Tip: all the rooms are different and most offer views of the rice paddies on the other side of the valley...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GladJohn
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

A refreshing, cool, lime juice and a warm, friendly smile was to be the start of an amazing and unforgettable week. The staff at Kumara are wonderful and ever so helpful. The food is amazing!! Then there's the massages and treatments. (OMG the massages!) And of course there's the yoga.
Kumara is great for those wanting to reconnect and treat themselves or to just to find themselves again. The retreat was fuel for the mind, body and soul. For a week I felt like royalty with all the pampering and delicious meals.The retreat was perfection at its best.
Hats off to Kumara and the team!! Such an amazing experience!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank littleange
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 8 August 2012

A beautiful setting, tended by graceful and caring staff. The massages were fantastic :) I loved the whole retreat concept - it was my first experience and I'm hooked - its the perfect holiday for body, mind and soul. I saw people transform before my eyes within days. My only gripe was the noise from nearby construction.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Petrol74
Venice, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The team, the land, the people, the spirit and so much more....
I have traveled the world for more than 30 years and I have NEVER had a more wonderful vacation. OneWorld retreats at Kumara has "it down", they know exactly what is needed and yet it isn't fake, it is of the utmost spiritual blessing. You leave this magnificent place feeling stronger, knowing yourself better and determine to make the needed changes in your life.
The most difficult part?? Returning to the western mindset... while holding on as strongly as you can to what you learned...from your self...
Next time must come back for a longer vacation -
The very best of every sense... well beyond my wildest expectations.
Bravo Kumara - you truly are the very best!!!!
Peace and Happiness to you all.
Leigh (Seattle)

Room Tip: Don't delay - come right away! :) Ha!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo