“"Escape The World Retreat"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ONEWORLD retreats Kumara

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #1 of 520 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Sydney, Australia
“"Escape The World Retreat"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Wow what an amazing adventure I had at ONEWORLD retreat in Ubud. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was a bit nervous about travelling alone, but there was about 8 other solo female travellers in the group and we all became firm friends by the end of dinner on the first night. The staff at the retreat make you feel completely comfortable. Rooms are clean and spacious. The spa treatments are incredible (the flower bath has to be seen to be believed) and the food was delicious. Clean, healthy and with a Balinese twist it was exactly what you want to eat when you are doing yoga twice a day for 6 days. I am vegetarian and gluten free and they made sure that my dietary requirements were catered for at all times - the GF banana bread was so delicious! The cultural trips we took every day were experiences I feel like I never would have seen or done had I not done this retreat. We visited a sacred temple and participated in a purification ritual, we did a 22km downhill bikeride through tiny little rural villages and we walked through the Balinese countryside visiting local artists and feasting at an organic cafe overlooking the rice paddies. It was a truly magical trip that I will remember for the rest of my life and I cannot recommend it enough. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I had Room 3 which was one of the best. It was high up with an enormous private balcony overlooking...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

They will make anything happen at this place; it is gorgeous, well thought out for privacy but also with common spaces for groups to gather at. Each room has their separate entrance so no one will ever pass in front of your door. The staff are amazing, and available to help, guide, explain and chat. They have organized everything from a special quest to find a statue of the goddess of pleasure to a visit of the elephant sanctuary. Never have I encountered a similar level of dedication.

The place itself is very well kept, the SPA offers some unique experiences and although it is very quiet and cosy itself, the vibrancy of Ubud is just a stone throw away.

Definitely recommended, wholeheartedly thanked.

Room Tip: All of them are amazing but do ask to avoid the ones next to the SPA if you get irritated by repetit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

A short distance away from the chaotic Ubud (15 minutes walk- they have a free shuttle service if you don't fancy walking), this is an oasis of peace and tranquillity. You can find much cheaper accommodation in Ubud but for the quality, cleanness and services you will find here, their prices are very reasonable. Enjoy the yoga classes early in the morning and their lovely breakfast :)
The spa is amazing...worth it to pay for!
This is your place if you are looking to relax, read a book and listen to the sound of the jungle :) No for family with kids.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stefranconeri
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The astonishing good luck of choosing this retreat over so many others is beyond measure. I was not sure what to expect, but we had a mix of ages, and a mix of nationalities. Everyone mixed so well, and the balance between good yoga, for experienced and beginners as well, kept us all happy. The food was exceptional. and there were many different dietary needs, which were catered for without fuss. The rooms are all lovely, and I had 3 different types of massage, all inclusive, which were very good. Not only were doing these things, but also were taken out to do things which other tourists were not getting the opportunity to experience. If you have the chabce to come here, do!! It is an amazing experience, at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: All rooms are very good, but each very individual. I was by yoga shala, and so was lovely to look on...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Bees27
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am a sprinter, training for rio Olympics and used this retreat to better my mindset, clarify & find myself.
I couldn't believe my eyes the first night I arrived the place was so green and all I could hear was the sound of nature. The people were lovely I made so many friends and we all keep in touch still.
The yoga was quite intense but catered for every level and I am quite advanced so I loved the challenge. The meditation was very helpful for me to shut everything off forget about the daily stresses and come back to your breathe. I learnt that time was not important, we finish when we finish so no need to look at the clock every 10min. That was a problem for me at training I felt like time was an issue. It's definitely not anymore.
On the day of silence I really enjoyed myself especially because watercolour paints and paper was provided which I had been meaning to start up again. No music or mobile phones were allowed.
I wrote a journal, painted and did a lot of self learning. It was a great day by the end I just wanted a hug.
I saw a healer who does acupressure the day after and that night I had my first ever dream of winning a medal at the Olympics. I felt like any blockages, doubt or disbelief were cleared and I suddenly had so much belief in myself and it was so clear what I needed to do. Iyan was so happy to hear about it and said a lot of people have had dreams here and gone on to become true. That was so exciting.
This was the most life changing week of my life and I couldn't recommend it more!! 10/10!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Cloe2016
Buderim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Have just returned from the Purity Retreat with Wayan and Natalie. The OneWorld staff were attentive and caring, Wayan's yoga was inspirational - as was the yoga space! I appreciated Natalie's knowledge and passion for raw food! I still can't get over the fact that I as I was doing Warrior 2, Wayan was telling me to turn to the jungle!! An amazing experience and one that I hope to do again one day!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SLynchBuderim
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

I had the most amazing time in Oneworld retreat. Yoga classes were amazing, food was so delicious, service was so pleasant. The whole designing of the program was so organised and you are truly well looked after. Oh and the spa treatments.....MAGICAL!!! I will never forget this experience and will definitely return for round 2!

Room Tip: I recommend room 3 - best view:)
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo