“Paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #9 of 584 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Love the way the bungalows are spaced far apart, and along footpaths down a hillside offering privacy. The views are picture postcard perfect. The staff is efficient and non-obtrusive. The food delicious. The yoga hall is delightful, and Wayan a masterful yoga teacher. The resort is located conveniently close to town with free shuttle service to town. I love this place!

Room Tip: Ask for a rice field view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Doculife
There are newer reviews for ONEWORLD retreats Kumara

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Stunning setting, beautiful views, great rooms and fantastic, sometimes challening yoga with experienced teachers, all this mixed with Balinese culture, cycling, walking, talking, massages and superb eating. There was absolutely nothing that I didn't love about this retreat. It is also great for solo travellers as you will meet many other solo yogis from around the world. I especially enjoyed the silence that surrounds the whole resort. Whatever you are looking for, you're probably going to find it here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Carola24
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Kumara yoga retreat is just "Divine". I was taken to heaven. The surroundings and environment of this resort is more that outstanding. The entire staff of Kumara work together as a team to deliver the very best. This was a week long journey for myself which everyone should do at some stage.
The food, was healthy yet so incredibly mouthwatering delicious. Every meal was memorable. We even got a copy of the recipes which I'm looking forward to showing off to my friends. I loved room 5 which I stayed in. Huge day bed on the veranda over looking the rice fields. I spent many afternoons having a siesta and reading my book. The day spa was bliss. So many wonderful treatments to choose from. A big thank you to Marije our inspirational yoga teacher. Each morning and afternoon yoga class was rewarding. The day started with a staff member coming around to wake us with a gentle bell ringing. Then 10 mins before the yoga class started the gong went off. I could rave and rave and have been to friends since I returned. So want to be back there!! I will be returning at some stage. Thank you all so much.
Namaste.

Room Tip: All rooms are different and lovely. If you don't like to many stairs opt for the rooms closer to...
5  Thank Leanne D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I have not stopped raving about my trip since my return, I was on a high for days after. I cannot express how wonderful my week was, I came home so relaxed. Claude, Wayan, Made and the entire team made everyone feel so welcome and ensured we wanted for nothing. Everything was amazing, the accommodation and resort was 5 star, stunningly set in between forest and rice paddies, the food was out of this world. The spa is beautiful, the treatments were fab and so reasonably priced. Even though I don't regularly practice I managed fine with the yoga and the bike ride was a highlight. Perfectly situated minutes away from Ubud shopping with a shuttle service, you really couldn't ask for anything else! I hope to make it an annual trip!

2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have just completed an "Escape the World" retreat and how aptly named it was. I havent done ANY yoga for 20 years and after 6 days of yoga, mediation, relaxation and pampering, I feel strong, physically and mentally capable of tackling anything. All the staff were fantastic, food was great, I really couldnt fault anything and I left with a feeling of joy ad having made life long friends. Thank you all for taking such great care of me and Eyan and Wayan have inspired me in so many ways but particularly to keep up my yoga.
Thank you.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

OneWorld's retreat was absolutely perfect - I couldn't fault anything! Their attention to detail at every turn was outstanding. For me, the time there was really healing and strengthening. The yoga challenged each of us at our own levels but we were always supported through it and were encouraged to be gentle with ourselves. Thank you Iyan and Wayan! The place is beautiful... our rooms and our personal spaces, the gardens.... Food was outstanding and I'm so delighted to have received a collection of recipes from our stay. The spa treatments were exceptional treats... skilled and delightful. I know I'm raving - I just couldn't fault any of it. And most importantly, all the staff at OneWorld, every single person, took time to be gentle and to care.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jennyeNewZealand
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a beautiful space and time. From the moment you walk in, you are greeted with a refreshing drink and shown around the property which is STUNNING! The accommodation has amazing views over the jungle and rice paddies, Ubud is a short drive away for a cafe/restaurant/shopping fix. The staff are beautiful and so attentive to your needs. I had a beeping safe in the night and they said I should have called them to fix it (it was 2am!) - that wouldn't happen in Aus! I had a relaxing mindfulness retreat facilitated by Tammie Day, and with Wayan teaching yoga in the mornings, it was a recipe from heaven. And the food was just superb - thank you all so much for an incredible and memorable week.

Room Tip: I had room 15 which I loved, though I did hear Room 5 was fabulous too with a daybed. Mine had a ve...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo