“Best retreat center in Bali!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
ONEWORLD retreats Kumara
Ranked #8 of 551 Speciality Lodging in Ubud
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best retreat center in Bali!”
Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good about One World and Kumara. Might years ago I went as a retreat participant and now I have held 7 retreats with them myself. As a client I felt completely catered to and was blissfully relieved of the burden of decision making for the duration of my amazing stay. As a retreat leader I love how easy one world makes it for me to plan my retreats, how beautifully they attend to client needs and I truly look forward to returning each year to see the staff who have become like my bali family. Book your trip now!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I am so pleased I followed my instincts and booked this wonderful retreat! I had been wanting to do this for quite some time and was always feeling a little apprehensive about travelling on my own and making a decision to actually go ahead with it. However when I came across ONEWORLD retreats Kumara on line, I knew in my gut and in my heart that this was it!... What I have always been wanting to do and I felt instantly very comfortable with my decision. When I arrived I was so taken aback by the surrounding beauty and couldn't believe how tranquil and peaceful the energy was at Kumara Sakti. As the days went by I was just in awe and felt so grateful to be in the company of so many beautiful people. From the staff who I cannot praise enough for their warm hospitality and eagerness to please and assist in whatever way possible, to the teacher - Jim Harrington who was so warm, supportive, and most helpful. Above all a wonderful teacher with much knowledge and wisdom and of course the other guests who just made the experience so much more enjoyable. The activities were so well organised, and balanced and the treatments were the icing on the cake! I will never forget my time here and i will always cherish this experience. It surpassed my expectations and I highly recommend this to all who are wanting to feed and nurture their spirit and their bodies. I cannot say enough it truly was heaven on earth! A MUST DO!!!!

2 Thank Helen S
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 9 January 2014

This retreat and place exceeded my expectations. The place is gorgeous, full of vegetation. There is nature all around the place. The staff is very friendly and they welcome you with a very tasty lemonade and warm towel. They know the name of each of the participants at the retreat and are always smiling and ready to assist you. Very educated staff. They go the extra mile for everything you need. Is as if they read your mind. They show that they truly care for you, which makes you feel like at home. Everything is in harmony at this place.
The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and quiet. Every activity in the agenda is designed to go deep into yourself. The instructors Iyan and Wayan patiently taught us from basic to advanced asanas. Ideal for all levels of yogis (from beginners to advanced). Classes were very fun, as well as the activities in the agenda (cycling, rice fields promenade).
There are also spa treatments available, all excellent. I recommend that you book them in advance.
I came out of this retreat as a renovated person. As the name of the retreat says "Escape the World" it indeed managed to make us escape the world and practice being aware of the present moment. Thank you so much for this unique experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are designed quiet and designed to harmonize with the purpose of the retreat.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dublin
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Perfect location to be in total calm and quiet, but you can actually walk down to Ubud in about 15 minutes.

Lots of nooks and crannies to chill out. Small little library of books.

Massage at the spa was the best massage I have ever had. The girls name was Radi, and she is an incredibly gifted masseuse. The Spa is perfect, very quiet, flowers everywhere, and a pond full of fish right in front of you.

I would love to come back here, fantastic value for money...the massage was stand out.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I attended the "Escape the world retreat" Dec. 22-27 2013. I am so happy I decided to book this retreat! When re-calling all the beautiful memories I have from here, it really makes me smile. It was an incredible experience to attend this yoga/meditation retreat and " escape the world" together with a great group of like-minded people. Food is delicious and healthy, rooms are spacious, clean and peaceful, yoga teachers and classes very good, all the staffs are great... I'm coming home as a calmer, happier and more appreciative person due to what I learned and experienced at this retreat.

1 Thank Charlotte T
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This would be a memorable holiday of mine in Bali to stay in Oneworld Kumara. Words can't describe how great and peaceful to stay in Oneworld Kumara. I would stay there for doing nothing but just enjoy the peaceful surrounding.

Friendly staffs from front desk reception, spa beauty therapist, paddy field tour guide and everyone who i met in Oneworld Kumara.

I miss the delicious meals, tranquil and calming surrounding and people in Kumara.

I would plan a trip to return again in future. Thank you everyone to make my trip a memorable one.

1 Thank Tracyho88
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Imagine a perfect holiday where spa treatments are an out of body experience, yoga fuels your soul and the cusine is fresh and delicious. Then imagine you're at one world retreat in Kumara. I will bring long lasting memories of a perfect vacation.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo