We were five women on a girls only holiday, leaving the husbands and kids at home we went looking for a little bit of magic in Ubud and we found it at Villa Awang awang.
This trip we wanted to be spoilt , feel a little special and surround ourselves with the energy and beauty that is Ubud.
When I first walked into the villa I just thought wow! it's exactly like the photos.
We spent five nights in the main villa which has four bedrooms, it is completely private and you can only see the other villa from the very edge of the infinity pool.
Three of the bedrooms have queen beds and these all have stunning views of the valley through big glass sliding doors. There is one twin room at the back and it is a little dark with no view except of the garden through the side windows.
We timed the drive into Ubud and it was exactly 10mins the days we drove into town, food at the villa was delicious, staff delightful, the whole experience was divine.
We looked for monkeys every day and had almost given up, but on our last night we saw them across the valley and they came back the next morning. We also saw fireflies in the garden at night and butterflies, dragonflies and colourful birds during the day.
The pool had sun all afternoon, I don't like cold water and often don't swim everyday when I'm in Ubud but the water was perfect, the pool is so gorgeous that it's hard to resist morning, noon or night!!
Villa Awang Awang is not a five star hotel with shiny glass, stainless steel and doors that shut out everything, so if that's what you are after stay away. This villa is so much more than that, it is the rare type of place you find that lets you truly experience the soul of Bali, it almost feels as though the villa grew where it stands, so solid and as beautiful as the valley it sits on.
I've been travelling to Ubud for close to thirty years and stayed in some amazing hotels, staying here is one of the best experiences I've had, we had a perfect five nights and feel grateful that we discovered this magical villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nurture body and soul in a luxury villa.A choice of 1 , 2 ,4 or 5 bedroomed villas Situated ten minutes drive from Ubud, the cultural centre of Bali, overlooking the sacred Petanu River and lush tropical jungle. It is designed according to ancient traditions. 14 Staff include a masseuse, chef, and driver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your Villa Awang Awang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Awang Awang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Awang Awang Ubud, Bali