Having stayed at the gorgeous but inexpensive Alam Jiwa prior to arriving at the villa Awangawang we were expecting something special. The location was special and removed from the bustle of Ubud and the staff were fantastic.
The downside: Breakfast was rather boring and uninspired. The first day we were expecting something akin to the variety we had at the Alam Jiwa - instead we got dilute cordial orange (rather than the fresh juice of your choice on the menu), the bread was pretty terrible white/brown and not wholemeal, the bacon was cooked to a crisp.
The Dinner menu was overpriced too.
The villa itself appeared in need of a little love and attention and the furniture was also in need of replacing.
One of the reasons we picked the Villa was for the space for the kids to runaround - and also for the DVD and TV for the evenings. On day 1 the DVD player broke. We immediately advised the manager and......it took 5 days before we got a replacement. Would have been much easier for the adults if they had fixed it on day 2 as the children had all purchased DVD's from Ubud.
The Villa allegedly has a high speed internet connection and laptop. Reality: the laptop has the processing power of a calculator and it took forever simply loading the Google search page...very frustrating.
In Summary, the Villa fell short for the cost in my opinion. It was over twice as expensive as the Alam Jiwa but was nowhere as nice.
We all wished we had stayed at the Alam Jiwa the entire trip.
I had hoped for much more but was disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nurture body and soul in a luxury villa.A choice of 1 , 2 ,4 or 5 bedroomed villas Situated ten minutes drive from Ubud, the cultural centre of Bali, overlooking the sacred Petanu River and lush tropical jungle. It is designed according to ancient traditions. 14 Staff include a masseuse, chef, and driver. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Awang Awang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Awang Awang Hotel Ubud
- Villa Awang Awang Ubud, Bali