“paradise!”

Ranked #58 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
nijmegen
“paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

This place is probably the most peaceful, most friendly, most beautiful, most relaxing resort I've ever stayed...Amazed by the extremely friendly staff, the very welcoming and warm-hearted owners, the gorgeous location, the delicious food, and the great ambiance...Normally I wouldn't go back to a holiday resort I've stayed before, but in this case I would be very happy to make an exception! Compliments to everyone of the Swasti family!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

I bring groups of women to Bali for Retreats. My previous accommodation had changed hands and I had to find a new place. A friend recommended this hotel to me and I was able to secure a booking for us, hoping it would be suitable.
When I entered the grounds I was pleasantly surprised by the expanse of green grass and lovely gardens and fountains there. It is beautiful.
The staff are so very friendly and were happy to do whatever they could to provide whatever I needed when making my preparations for the arrival of my group.
The women in my group were very happy here at Swasti. The food, the staff and the surroundings all made for a peaceful and pleasant stay for us and we will definitely be back again, I have already booked ahead to secure rooms for us because it is a very popular place. They have a small spa onsite as well with great treatments to relax and beautify the tired aching body after a day of shopping or touring, or just a day for pampering yourself.
The traditional Balinese night was great. Traditional food, eaten with fingers, and dancing with the staff was so much fun, we all had a great time singing and dancing late into the night. All the guests were friendly and we met some lovely people there. Families can confidently stay here with young children.
There is an organic garden where they grow their own vegetables. They also recycle all paper and plastics and are chemical free, which is so good to see in Bali.
The village of Nyuh Kuning is close to Ubud and is a beautiful friendly place. We used the local transport people and met some real characters, especially Wayan Darta, a lovely friendly man who knows just about everyone in Ubud and is always laughing and happy.
Thanks to Bop, the manager, and Komang and Sandrine, the owners, for a wonderful stay in beautiful surroundings. I highly recommend this hotel for it's peaceful ambience and genuine efforts to make Bali more eco-friendly by recycling etc. It's nice and close to Ubud and all they have to offer and not too far from Kuta for those who love to shop.

Room Tip: Book in advance to secure a room or a bungalow.
  • Stayed April 2011
Halibut Cove, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

I loved Swasti Eco Cottages. The rooms and cottages are lovely, the grounds are beautiful, the little pool is sweet, the organic gardens are wonderful, and the food is delicious. Other than that...? Well, the staff! Oh, my, the staff are the best. Bop, the manager, really understands the heart of hospitality: Swasti's owner is very fortunate to have him. The wonderful people at the desk and in the kitchen deserve great praise for their willingness to go out of the way for their guests and to make everyone feel welcome. Next time I want to come for a month!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Susanruddy
swasti, Responsable réception at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
We looking forward to see you next year in Swasti with our new kitchen, eco restaurant setting, and our lovely eco spa..
Zwolle, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

We stayed in Swasti one week ago and we miss it. I wanna go back to this beautiful paradise!
It's quiet and peaceful and in a beautiful garden with lots of flowers. We hired a room above the restaurant. It was good there.
We enjoyed swimming in the pool and taking a walk to the lovely town Ubud. Before you arrive in the village, you have to cross the monkey forest. It's a easy route but not when it's dark. Then you have to grab a taxi which has to go around the forest.
What we enjoyed most was the food. The best in whole Bali. Lot of vegetarian food and super healthy. It made me feel so good! We also liked talking with Bop from Swasti. He's so happy and funny!
We hope to come back in this little paradise soon!

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
swasti, Responsable réception at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
Dear Lovely couple,
Thanks for the review..at the moment we getting close to finishing of our new lovely kitchen and beautiful restaurant..
We hope to see you again in Swasti

Bop
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

Our group of 3 young familes stayed for 4 nights but would have loved to stay on. Staying in the bungalows is like luxurious camping- beautiful wooden stuctures with comfy bamboo furniture, comfy beds with mozzie nets and fans- and best of all the open air bathrooms with hand painted walls and internal gardens. We all enjoyed our simple but fresh and tasty breakfasts, a few meals in the restaurant, and the lovely salt water pool. Staff were friendly, accommodating and welcoming of our big mob of noisy kids (we perhaps felt it would have been kinder to other guests had we been accommodated in a cluster bungalows away from others). We also enjoyed a tour arranged with one of the staff's Father Wayan, of NyuKuning village- it was great opportunity to learn about local culture and for the kids to see a little bit of village life. We look forward to a repeat visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tabithaws
swasti, Responsable relations publiques at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Good Morning from Ubud,
We had great time with your big family..would like great to see you again in Swasti!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I spent 3 nights at Swasti Eco cottages. My driver took me up from legian and had difficulty finding it, but we eventually were pointed in the right direction by one of the locals. It is situated directly below the Monkey forest, which is an easy walk thru in to Monkey Forest rd and central Ubud, But a LONG drive around by car.
Anyway, the hotel is an a glorious setting and is obviously lovingly looked after.
My 'cottage' was close to the restaurant, Lakshmina (I think that was its name), and appeared to be one of the newer rooms. Walking around the grounds you could see the older separate cottages which also looked delightful.
IMy room was beautifully appointed, spacious, gorgeous canopied bed, lots of attention to detail eg flower petals decorating the bath and bed every day.
The pool was also very pretty, and hidden behind a natural border of trees and flowers.
I attended the Wednesday night dinner-dance, along with 2 of my friends I'd invited, who were staying elsewhere. It was a great night, the local dance school were a delight, and it is obvious the staff and owners are very proud of their Hotel.
My only 'complaint' was that after my breakfast on the first day (omelette, fruit-salad and toast), I was violently ill about 1 1/2 hours later and had to return from a day-trip I was on. I spent all that afternoon in bed and was still 'queasy' for the next 48 hours....but that's Bali (although I have never been sick in Bali before, after 15 visits!)....however, I didn't eat breakfast there again.
But, Iwould return to Swasti, it really was gorgeous, although next time I would bring my Husband and family as I'm sure they'd love it too.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dcpearse
swasti, Directeur général at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Hi Carolyn
thanks a lot for your review about Swasti.....
i think that' important i answer to this problem you got after your breakfast....
we just read it with Bop few minutes ago, and we re both chocked. Bop just asked all the staff.... nobody knows about your problem. why you didn't tell anybody???
first Bali belly can occur really easily here and we can provide you some natural medicine very efficient.
We honestly never have people complain about the food in Swasti. ( please you can read the next reviews... ) We wash all our vegetables and fruits with mineral water. .... the organic eggs we use are fresh. the supplier deliver them every 2 days.... that's so strange.
and ... normally when you get sick from food, it takes more than 1 hour to feel bad. I had an experience one time with oyster.... i started to be really sick the next afternoon...
are you sure it doesn't come from the day before???? and your stomach reacted violently because you start to eat again in the morning???
We re so sorry to hear that.... but please next time... tell us.... thats very important.
anyway, we will be so happy to welcome you next time with your family... and offer you a nice chocolate crepe.... or whatever you like.... :)
arcata
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Had a wonderful stay at swasti eco cottages. The rooms and garden were beautiful and well kept. Became friends with most the staff, they were very warm and helped me with what ever i needed. The organic food was prepared very well. I chose to eat at the cottage about 80% of the time as I stayed there for 30 days.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
swasti, Responsable réception at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Bonjour Somy....
-as you stay so long with us, you were already part of our big Swasti family. And we miss you!!!!!!
We had so much fun with you and jennifer .
we just started to renovate the restaurant. we found finally a beautiful eco design with lotus pound around and trees inside the restaurant.... hope you ll see it next year...
give us more news
peace from all the staff.... who hope to dance with you again.....