“Beautiful place”

Ranked #57 of 195 Hotels in Ubud
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I loved Swasti Eco Cottages. My bungalow was great. The garden was beautiful. The staff was really friendly. I liked the food, the healthy drinks, the spa...They organised a really nice traditional evening with local dancers. I loved the atmosphere of the place. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, romantic place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank varpetra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2011

we were travelling Bali with our children ( 11 and 13 years old ) , we loved this hotel . it is traditional, authentic and the staff is very welcoming.
The garden is lovely and the food excellent. The outdoor-spa is unique and an absolute pleasure, very proffessional!! The special balines dinner is a highlight and shouldn't be missed.the 5 days in Swasti were defenitly the best part of our holidays.I'm sure we will be back to Swasti.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2011

Thank you to Bop, Wayan and all staff at Swasti Eco for their hospitality during our 5 night stay at Swasti. Despite us arriving very late (or early in the morning!!), the staff were very welcoming and helpful. It's in the perfect location to explore Ubud, just a short walk past the monkey forest into town. We stayed in a luxury room with fan (Sita) and were very comfortable there. We loved the front verandah, where we could watch the squirrels playing in the tree. The gardens are meticulously maintained, just beautiful. The spa treatments were excellent (better than the expensive resort we stayed in at Seminyak!), as was the restaurant for breakfast and dinner - still craving those lemon crepes!
Our driver Nyoman Kerti who was arranged through Swasti was lovely and very accommodation, even waiting many hours at the airport when our flight was delayed.
We'd love to stay again at Swasti, perhaps staying in one of the traditional bungalows. Would highly recommend for anyone looking for somewhere laid-back and homely to stay while in Ubud.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2011

My boyfriend and I were in Balli/Lombok for a total of 16 days and stayed in a total of 6 hotels during our stay so that we could visit many different areas. Swasti Eco cottage was our favourite out of the 6 hotels. We left Ubud for the end of our trip and only allocated 2 days for it but immediately fell in love with this area and quickly emailed our travel agent to change our flight so that we could stay an extra 2 days! I booked Swasti Eco Cottage because I loved the fact that their restaurant meals were made directly from their organic garden since breakfast was included in the deals. Swasti's staff is very warm and welcoming and helpful. They helped us rent a scooter for 50,000 rp/day which was perfect for getting around ubud. You will have to do a lot of walking if you don't rent a scooter since you must cross monkey forest to get to the core of ubud and there is a lot to see around ubud. You will get to see so much more with a scooter. The room we stayed in had a/c and mosquito nets around our bed which is perfect since i didnt want to be woken up in the middle of the night from being bitten by mosquitoes. They have bins for recylcing paper & plastic which shows how responsible Swasti is of their environment and this means a lot to us. They use soap nuts for cleaning which is another environment saver. Safety deposit boxes are located beeside the front desk. There is free wifi in the eating area.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
nijmegen
Reviewed 27 April 2011

This place is probably the most peaceful, most friendly, most beautiful, most relaxing resort I've ever stayed...Amazed by the extremely friendly staff, the very welcoming and warm-hearted owners, the gorgeous location, the delicious food, and the great ambiance...Normally I wouldn't go back to a holiday resort I've stayed before, but in this case I would be very happy to make an exception! Compliments to everyone of the Swasti family!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Perth, WA
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I bring groups of women to Bali for Retreats. My previous accommodation had changed hands and I had to find a new place. A friend recommended this hotel to me and I was able to secure a booking for us, hoping it would be suitable.
When I entered the grounds I was pleasantly surprised by the expanse of green grass and lovely gardens and fountains there. It is beautiful.
The staff are so very friendly and were happy to do whatever they could to provide whatever I needed when making my preparations for the arrival of my group.
The women in my group were very happy here at Swasti. The food, the staff and the surroundings all made for a peaceful and pleasant stay for us and we will definitely be back again, I have already booked ahead to secure rooms for us because it is a very popular place. They have a small spa onsite as well with great treatments to relax and beautify the tired aching body after a day of shopping or touring, or just a day for pampering yourself.
The traditional Balinese night was great. Traditional food, eaten with fingers, and dancing with the staff was so much fun, we all had a great time singing and dancing late into the night. All the guests were friendly and we met some lovely people there. Families can confidently stay here with young children.
There is an organic garden where they grow their own vegetables. They also recycle all paper and plastics and are chemical free, which is so good to see in Bali.
The village of Nyuh Kuning is close to Ubud and is a beautiful friendly place. We used the local transport people and met some real characters, especially Wayan Darta, a lovely friendly man who knows just about everyone in Ubud and is always laughing and happy.
Thanks to Bop, the manager, and Komang and Sandrine, the owners, for a wonderful stay in beautiful surroundings. I highly recommend this hotel for it's peaceful ambience and genuine efforts to make Bali more eco-friendly by recycling etc. It's nice and close to Ubud and all they have to offer and not too far from Kuta for those who love to shop.

Room Tip: Book in advance to secure a room or a bungalow.
  • Stayed April 2011
Halibut Cove, Alaska
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I loved Swasti Eco Cottages. The rooms and cottages are lovely, the grounds are beautiful, the little pool is sweet, the organic gardens are wonderful, and the food is delicious. Other than that...? Well, the staff! Oh, my, the staff are the best. Bop, the manager, really understands the heart of hospitality: Swasti's owner is very fortunate to have him. The wonderful people at the desk and in the kitchen deserve great praise for their willingness to go out of the way for their guests and to make everyone feel welcome. Next time I want to come for a month!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Susanruddy
swasti, Responsable réception at Swasti Eco Cottages, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
We looking forward to see you next year in Swasti with our new kitchen, eco restaurant setting, and our lovely eco spa..
Have a lovely day