I lasted one night here. They have a 2 day cancellation policy and couldn't refund our money so we paid for 3 nights we couldn't use which was really disappointing considering we couldn't sleep at all here. For the price, which isn't cheap for Bali standards we really expected a better degree of liveability in the room. We rented the bungalow that was only fitted out with a small ceiling fan which was NOT adequate in the heat. The room was just so hot, even at night and we didn't sleep at all! In addition to that the bedding was wet and damp and the mattress' stained and super hard. There were huge spiders in the room and mosquitos everywhere. You had the choice of closing the bungalow up and reducing the bugs or opening it up and reducing the heat. Just awful. Everyone we spoke to had a really relaxing time but they must have had the airconditioned rooms with the dry bedding and the not ridiculously rock-like mattress.
Make sure if you leave the hotel at night you bring a torch too because that pitch black 20 minute walk through the rabid monkey forest of death is the most terrifying experience you'll ever have. You can hear them but you can't see them. You can't also see the edge of the paths that go over ravines and water too. It was like that temple run game for realsies.
Some positives tho!
water cooler in the room was excellent
bathroom was lovely and spacious even though the water pressure was non-existent in the shower
the staff were so friendly and beautiful
the spa was the most wonderful massage in Ubud
the breakfast was very nice
the pool was lovely
the grounds were lovely
will NEVER stay here again really value SLEEP
Also they only provide WIFI in the restaurant and reception areas and it gets switched off at 10pm which is really inconvenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swasti Eco Cottages is a charming hotel situated in Nyuh Kuning, a small and quiet woodcarver village adjacent to central Ubud (1 hour from the airport), of 14 cottages and bungalows with a swimming pool, an organic restaurant and vegetable garden and an Eco-Spa providing 100% natural treatments. Swasti Eco Cottages is a place of its own, where you will find yourself submerged in local Balinese culture and a family-like atmosphere with Serenity and peace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Swasti Eco Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swasti Eco Cottage Hotel Ubud
- Swasti Eco Cottages Ubud, Bali