“I love Black Beach, BUT....”
Review of Black Beach

Black Beach
Ranked #160 of 752 Restaurants in Ubud
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Black Beach Italian restaurant offers authentic Italian cuisine. We offer the best traditional Italian food, with light cooking techniques which make our food tasty, healthy and balanced. Our dishes are made with fresh and high quality ingredients. We make with passion our pizza dough which has a slow rising, so our pizza is highly digestible. We are specialized in the most popular recipes of pasta, lasagna (also vegetarian and vegan) and gnocchi; we serve also different kind of bruschetta, sandwiches, omelets, fresh salads and delicious homemade desserts, like our famous Tiramisu. Anytime you can enjoy an espresso, cappuccino, hot or iced tea and refreshing tropical juices in our amazing terrace with a beautiful view above Ubud, especially at sunset, or enjoy the free wi-fi on the ground floor in a friendly homey atmosphere. Every Wednesday and Thursday at 8 pm evening we organize a movie night on the terrace. The admission is free. Our philosophy is "Tasty and Healthy Together Forever." The Healthy concept is complex and we have dedicated many years to improve it, the Tasty concept is a pleasure that always inspires us.
Ubud, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I love Black Beach, BUT....”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Black Beach has always been one of my favorite restaurant, I love their vegetarian mushroom lasagna. Recently I had sangria and it was terrible and it wasnt the first time it was terrible. I love sangria and I cant resist ordering it and they served the worst sangria in the world! NEVER ORDER THEIR COCKTAIL DRINK LISTS, CHEAP! yeah so is the quality!
I also had to give thumb down with their delivery service, I hope they are not offering that service anymore. Last time I ordered, they asked me to pick it up myself!

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Forget about taking your order”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nothing like sitting at a table for half an hour while everyone around you has their breakfast wondering why is it taking so long?

Simple answer, they forgot my order. A person sitting with no food in front of them for 30 minutes didn't raise any concerns from these gormless idiots. Three girls sitting at a table folding napkins and one customer waiting for food. Problem is I only had half an hour for breakfast so now no food till lunch. Thanks for that.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DRJ300
Singapore
“Decent cafe with good price”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Came here for a late dinner after catching Legong and Barong dance show. We ordered a Fungi Pasta and Carbonara pasta, both are quite pleasant. The plain bread basket was very disappointing, it was cold and hard, served without any olive oil or butter. Tiramisu was great. Overall, this place was pretty decent and pricing was very affordable.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Rubychan84
Sydney, Australia
“I love this place and never dissapointed”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

the meat selection here is quite good and yummy for ubud, i loved the t-bone steak but it seems to have been taken off the menu, good value for meat, and other italian stuffs, pizza is quite good too, it used to be the place i went for steak, and they have delivery, i have had many steaks delivered, i went there the other day to get my tbone but was not on the menu so i ordered the pork , it was very good, will go there for mezze plates and pizza and they served us on oga oga night just before closing, we love this place. And theres amazing black sand upstairs, still i think, that in the dim light sparkles like majic.

Visited August 2013
Ghent, Belgium
“Tasteless pizza!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

The pizza comes without tomato sauce (?!) so my quattro formaggio tasted like toast with cheese, oh and rucola. My boyfriend had a napoletana, as in sauce (most definetely from a can, or a ketchup bottle) and 4 anchovis... Really not worth the visit!

2 Thank Esje1313