“Great hotel!”
Review of Sri Bungalows

Sri Bungalows
Ranked #21 of 616 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location is great and the price-quality is more than fair! We wnjoyed our stay there, with abeautiful view, great service and hospitality and hygiene standards! We had a lovely stay in a deluxe room! Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I requested a room overlooking the ricefield and got room #24. It was so beautiful and I had a lovely stay. It noisy at night with all the frogs so if you don't find the sounds relaxing, then bring earpluags! Fantastic location to explore Ubud and come back tor est during the day. As mentioned in the previous review, the staff are friendly and helpful, though I did find their English a bit limited, which seems pretty normal in Bali.
There are a few reasons I wouldn't give this place 5 stars: towels are a bit old, mattress in room not that great(though I did see them moving in new ones to other rooms so likely not a problem in all rooms), breakfast ok but not amazing. I appreciated the hot water and coffee/tea that was brought to the patio each day.
Overall, this place was good value for the money and the location and setting astounding. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room 24 is has pretty much the best view you can ask for.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Katrina S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The quality of your stay here, is depended on the room you get. I went back and forth three times. They stored my bags, which was great. Three times I took the Deluxe room, which is set in the back, and is upstairs.
The first two times I got room number 24, which is on the far corner, and has a beautiful view from the balcony of the rice ponds. I wake up usually very early, and i really enjoyed to just sit on the balcony and looking at the rice pond. Checking in was a breeze. Staff is very easy going, and friendly. I needed to change my reservation to another date-- called in-- no problem. The room itself was clean and nice. You get bottle of water. Not too many power outlets in the room, and the bathroom is not great. It has soap and shampoo containers on the wall which feels a bit like a public bathroom. But it's big. My third time was at room 19. It was smaller, not as great view, and did not feel as clean (yellowish shower curtains), so I did not like it.
Also, this place must get something for the mosquitos, like an electric scent, or something of that sort. As the back rooms sit around the rice pond, there are MANY mosquitoes. I bought an electric one, and covered myself with repellent, so I was OK, but still got some bites.
The place is located on Monkey forest road, very close to the center, great cafes and shopping. It is quite impressive to just come from the busy streets of Ubud, cross the lobby, and then reach a place that is so quiet and serene.
Breakfast is decent. There is a small pool with chairs, but I did not use it.

Overall, I loved it here, but I will only come back to room 24:)

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are better size and more airy, also get a view. 24 is the best room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Much like other reviewers I loved the peaceful setting of Sri Bungalows. The paddy fields around which the bungalows and rooms are clustered were absolutely stunning. The crickets and croaking frogs also created a great soundtrack to each evening. All this whilst being very much in the heart of busy Ubud with easy access to shops, restaurants and a few bars.

There seemed to be a lot of staff around and as a result the place was clean and pretty well maintained and a solution was generally found to any problems that cropped up.

My owe issue was that in the room I was originally assigned (14) the wooden Balinese doors not only did not shut properly but the slide bolt had fallen off one door so as a solo, female traveller it didn't feel especially safe. I was very fortunate in that the staff upgraded me but I didn't really feel that the staff understood that personal security might be as much of an issue as the security of my property. But as I said they did move me to keep me happy so we're definitely keen to be accommodating, which was great.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

THE GOOD
We stayed 3 nights in a standard room. Staff were very friendly. We appreciate that they fulfilled our request for a room upstairs facing the paddy fields. Thank you very much! The portions, variety and taste of the breakfast was very good.

THE MINOR INCONVENIENCE
The position of the power outlet was behind the bed headboard.

SUMMARY
All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request for a room upstairs facing the paddy fields. I think the room number was 16.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

สวนสวยมาก บนรยากาสโดยรอบดีมาก ทำเลก็ดีสุดๆ พนักงานน่ารักกันทุกคน แต่ห้องไม่ค่อยโอเค เพราะเตียงจะส่งเสียงดังเอี๋ยดอ๊าดทุกครั้งที่พลิกตัวหรือลุกออกจากเตียง แถมยังได้ยยินเสียงยองห้องข้างๆ ด้วย ได้ยินทุกอย่าง ทุกอย่างจริงๆ เราพักห้องสแตนดาร์ท ชั้นสอง อันที่อยู่ริมสระ อ่อ สระว่ายน้ำก็ธรรมดา แต่โดยรวมแล้วก็ชอบนะ
Great location. Beautiful gardens.lovey staff. But the room is so so. You could hear every thing from the room next to you and the bed made a sound every time you move. I was staying at the standard room right by the lovely pool, up stair. lovely brrakfast. The Mei Goreng was yummy. Over all I love the bungalow and intent to be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

For the price we paid (3 of us/4 nights - USD $139)...it doesn't get any better...rooms are basic no frills, but you get daily bottled water, fresh towels and housekeeping services...
Negative was wi-fi was spotty at times...and when it worked it was slow, but lobby had good wifi service! House staff were all pleasant and tried to help as much as possible, always greeting you with a smile!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends