“Loved it.”

Ranked #16 of 523 Ubud B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Sri Bungalows is in a great location and very handy for all things Ubud. Our room overlooked a rice paddy and was clean and tidy with a very large and comfortable bed. Extremely peaceful setting and the staff were very nice and courteous. Decent breakfast too.

In terms of value for money Sri is excellent and I would recommend to anyone wanting a nice comfortable base that won;t break the bank.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Walkersville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is my 2nd time staying at this great hotel. The staff are just wonderful whether it is in the dining room (which is open air) or the hotel desk (also open air). We had the pleasure of 8 nights and got to know the staff a bit and they were always ready with a hand. Our room was next to the pool, before the rice fields and it was very nice. The beds could use new mattresses and the towels are pretty skimpy probably from many washings. We brought our own bath mat to stand on and of course wash clothes. Plugs are few and far between and makes it hard to accommodate all the electronics we need to charge. Those are the reasons for the very good rating. Everyday we received fresh hot water, and coffee/tea on the patio and every night there was a fresh flower on our beds. Great touch. Being in the center of town it nice as you are within walking distance to the market for some serious Bali shopping or walking down to monkey forest. When you return to the hotel it is so quiet after you walk through the entrance that you would never know you were within feet of a main street. The hotel staff is always ready to make any arrangements for transportation to whatever you fancy. The grounds are plush with beautiful flowers and greenery. They are immaculate. Cant wait to return. Best part of the day was the fruit platter presented every day if you wanted it. YUM

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The location is great and the price-quality is more than fair! We wnjoyed our stay there, with abeautiful view, great service and hospitality and hygiene standards! We had a lovely stay in a deluxe room! Highly recommendable!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I requested a room overlooking the ricefield and got room #24. It was so beautiful and I had a lovely stay. It noisy at night with all the frogs so if you don't find the sounds relaxing, then bring earpluags! Fantastic location to explore Ubud and come back tor est during the day. As mentioned in the previous review, the staff are friendly and helpful, though I did find their English a bit limited, which seems pretty normal in Bali.
There are a few reasons I wouldn't give this place 5 stars: towels are a bit old, mattress in room not that great(though I did see them moving in new ones to other rooms so likely not a problem in all rooms), breakfast ok but not amazing. I appreciated the hot water and coffee/tea that was brought to the patio each day.
Overall, this place was good value for the money and the location and setting astounding. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Room 24 is has pretty much the best view you can ask for.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Katrina S
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

The quality of your stay here, is depended on the room you get. I went back and forth three times. They stored my bags, which was great. Three times I took the Deluxe room, which is set in the back, and is upstairs.
The first two times I got room number 24, which is on the far corner, and has a beautiful view from the balcony of the rice ponds. I wake up usually very early, and i really enjoyed to just sit on the balcony and looking at the rice pond. Checking in was a breeze. Staff is very easy going, and friendly. I needed to change my reservation to another date-- called in-- no problem. The room itself was clean and nice. You get bottle of water. Not too many power outlets in the room, and the bathroom is not great. It has soap and shampoo containers on the wall which feels a bit like a public bathroom. But it's big. My third time was at room 19. It was smaller, not as great view, and did not feel as clean (yellowish shower curtains), so I did not like it.
Also, this place must get something for the mosquitos, like an electric scent, or something of that sort. As the back rooms sit around the rice pond, there are MANY mosquitoes. I bought an electric one, and covered myself with repellent, so I was OK, but still got some bites.
The place is located on Monkey forest road, very close to the center, great cafes and shopping. It is quite impressive to just come from the busy streets of Ubud, cross the lobby, and then reach a place that is so quiet and serene.
Breakfast is decent. There is a small pool with chairs, but I did not use it.

Overall, I loved it here, but I will only come back to room 24:)

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are better size and more airy, also get a view. 24 is the best room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Much like other reviewers I loved the peaceful setting of Sri Bungalows. The paddy fields around which the bungalows and rooms are clustered were absolutely stunning. The crickets and croaking frogs also created a great soundtrack to each evening. All this whilst being very much in the heart of busy Ubud with easy access to shops, restaurants and a few bars.

There seemed to be a lot of staff around and as a result the place was clean and pretty well maintained and a solution was generally found to any problems that cropped up.

My owe issue was that in the room I was originally assigned (14) the wooden Balinese doors not only did not shut properly but the slide bolt had fallen off one door so as a solo, female traveller it didn't feel especially safe. I was very fortunate in that the staff upgraded me but I didn't really feel that the staff understood that personal security might be as much of an issue as the security of my property. But as I said they did move me to keep me happy so we're definitely keen to be accommodating, which was great.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

THE GOOD
We stayed 3 nights in a standard room. Staff were very friendly. We appreciate that they fulfilled our request for a room upstairs facing the paddy fields. Thank you very much! The portions, variety and taste of the breakfast was very good.

THE MINOR INCONVENIENCE
The position of the power outlet was behind the bed headboard.

SUMMARY
All in all it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request for a room upstairs facing the paddy fields. I think the room number was 16.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple