“Bali Traditional Tours”

and up
Bedugul Cultural Private Tour
Ranked #2 of 440 Tours in Ubud
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We have just returned from a week in Bali staying at Ubud and South Kuta. I scanned the web before leaving Australia and organised five days of tours with Bali Traditional Tours. I chose this company because they were totally flexible in mixing their experience with my suggestions of the sights I wanted to visit.
Our guide Nyoman was most helpful in ensuring a great five days. I would certainly recommend this company for tours on your visit to Bali. Thanks Nyoman we had a great time.
Glyn & Gail Jackson

1  Thank Jacko018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)
All reviews
in 107 reviews
"spa tour"
"primary school"
in 26 reviews
"tirta empul holy water temple"
in 13 reviews
"own home"
"full day tour"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 8 June 2010

My husband and I did two trips with Bali Traditional tours and would thoroughly recommend them as a company. Before the trip, their responses to my emails were fast and very informative helping us to make the best decisions about what to see on our first trip to Bali. Whilst we were in Bali the team were punctual and very personable.

On the first day we did the Bedugul Tour with Nyomen. The trip was varied with lots of different elements of Balinese life but best of all it was a private tour. This gave us loads of opportunity to talk to Nyomen our guide about life in Bali. In addition to the 'set' tour Nyomen also took us to a temple that was having a celebration that takes place only once in every 35 years. We really feel that we learnt lots about balinese culture and life in general Nyomen gave us a real insight into Bali - something that we wouldn't have got on a big group tour.

On the second day we had a Custom Tour where we decided the things that we wanted to see. In fact we didn't chose enough to fill the day but Ketut our guide added sights to the tour as we went along making this a second great day.

Bali Traditional Tours offer great value for money and a really personal service. They made us feel very special and we would definitely choose them again.

1  Thank Scubafreek
Reviewed 28 April 2010

i took my 9 year old daughter to Bali. Before departing, i researched tour companies online. i chose Bali Traditional Tours because it seemed to feature more of the real life of the Balinese. i was not disappointed. Our guide, Nyoman is a gentle soul, full of pride in his country and culture. Along with an inside look at the myriad, fantastic temples, we were treated to a family run coffee plantation (where we tasted some very "special" coffee), a primary school (where my daughter had a real chance to exchange with children her own age), we helped make Balinese sea salt, held and fed a giant bat... the experiences went on and on. What started as a single day tour, turned into 5 days together with custom tours, special stops and a real insiders look at the island and its beautiful people. Nyoman took special care to always include my daughter, teaching her about each place, the Gods and Goddesses, and the village customs and celebrations. We spent much time laughing at the vast differences between New York and Bali. I cannot recommend Bali Traditional Tours enough. Their kindness and care is a window to the spirit of this magical place.

2  Thank ekaytoday
Reviewed 12 April 2010

We had several guides during our stay in Bali, but none compared to Nyoman. His knowledge, expertise and kindness were incomparable. He was particularly good at keeping our teenagers happy and engaged. (Never an easy task!) He also went above and beyond the call of duty. Our airline tickets had to be couriered to Bali, but since we did not know what day they would arrive, we didn't know where to have them delivered. Nyoman had them sent to his home and personally delivered them to us. That kind of dedication and service is sums up why we were so happy to spend our time with Nyoman and his company.

3  Thank leeeveretthunt
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2010

*****This is a fantastic Tour Guide folks!*****
March 2010.
I only had one day in Bali? Try this tour guide there is heaps to see on the Island and the roads are difficult to try on your own.

The guide at Bali Traditional Tours - Nyomam was excellent. He had an assistant driver in a very comfortable sedan vehicle fully air conditioned. We started early 8:30am and got back at about 6:30pm. The tour was full of 4 major temple visits. A visit to a farm in the jungle with coffee & tea & cocoa tasting. Yes also the Luwak coffee, I didn't like it but loved the ginger tea. Saw fruits never seen before. Also spices not seen growing and a great "lost" sort of wonderland. Ate lunch (not included in the tour) at a well recommended restaurant by the guide, that felt like it was on top of the world. Had a view of the volcano & lake while having an incredible fresh meal with a difference. Bali food is great! Highly recommend you try it.
Nyoman took care of all the special needs of a tourist - the sarong when required, water, he took care of all entrance fees and parking fees quickly and smoothly you hardly knew it was taking place. Bali rice farmers at work and their great terraced rice Paddie fields.
Nyoman is a great ambassador of his religion and was very helpful in explaining everything. He treasurers his home and it certainly rubs off on you.
So get away from the beach and city and really see Bali with Nyoman - I am so glad I found him.
Enjoy your Tour, I know you will.

4  Thank PerthFern