“Budget Rates with Beautiful Garden”
Review of Sehati Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sehati Guesthouse
Ranked #424 of 640 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was our second time staying at Sehati. During both stays we found the hotel to be well priced and very comfortable. Each time we choose a room at the back of the beautiful garden. The staff was very helpful in general and also with providing a car and driver to tour the island. It is within easy walking distance of restraunts, shops and the Monkey Forest attraction. We enjoyed having their bannana pancake breakfasts in the Balinese garden setting each morning. Our room had a nice bath with a tub and shower combination and the wash sink in a seperate space just outside the bath. Our a/c room was clean and well appointed with a nice front porch sitting area.

Room Tip: Stayed twice in the downstairs room that is straight ahead at the rear of the garden.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I chose Sehati Guesthouse because of its location to The Yoga Barn, I booked through Agoda. The pics on Agoda look Ok..This hotel is terrible! I finally settled on the third room they offered me but still no bathroom as in the pics. Very dirty and very very smelly. The spa/salon was very average...I was booked in for 5 days but checked out after 2 days. The breakfast was not eatable. I travel to Bali often and you can get much better places for your dollar. The location is dark at night, single travelers should take caution.

Room Tip: The double room, top back, has the best view over rice fields but not mosquito proof.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My mother and I were lucky enough to stumble into Sehati guesthouse on the day we arrived in Ubud. What a charming wonderful find! Fantastic air conditioning, rooms cleaned daily, breakfast included and the coffee shop across the road even delivered and early morning latte to us. Breakfast was enough to get you going for the day.

Brilliant location, a mere hundred yards or so from Monkey Forest but lovely and quiet (mind you I always wear earplugs at night) but I certainly wasn't bothered by traffic noise in the early morning or before I went to sleep. The bathrooms are a little old but clean. I generally wear something on my feet in hotel showers anyway, no matter where I'm staying.

Staff were wonderful and the spa was a treat. Sri and all of her co-workers in the spa are a delight.

There is no pool - which didn't bother us - but apparently plans are afoot to renovate and include a pool next year. I really hope Sehati doesn't lose it's charm when that happens.

Would I recommend this place? Definite value for money and oh so charming.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Clean, friendly and affordable. Good location and walking distance to shops and the Monkey Forest . Breakfast can be taken in the room, staff are accommodating and friendly. Late check out costs USD5.00 per hour. Money changers and cafes nearby. Room has TV and DVD player

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jonnydragon
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Good value for money, close to monkey forest - my favourite attraction in Ubud. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Amazing view from the rooms on the backsidee - you see picture perfect rice paddies. Rooms in average conditions, bathroom looks tired. Water pressure was so-so but all in all there was hot water and it was possible to have a shower.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Great place for first-timers in Ubud. Not in the very center of Ubud, but very close to Monkey forest. And still close to the many restaurants and shops. The main market and center is about 20 minutes walk away. Rooms are clean and nice. Good service, good breakfast (fresh, plenty of choices) is included. Free wifi!

PS. It is more like a budget choice, so don't expect excellent rooms or perfect interior design choices.
The price is about 25 EUR per night. So for this price everything is excellent!

Room Tip: When its a walk in, or you get a chance, then definitely ask them to show the room they are planning...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We have stayed at Sehati two times over two years time, first time was OK, nothing fancy but friendly staff made the stay very homey. Second time the first room we got was really filthy, the second room was cleaner but still dirty. If you are not on an extremely tight budget I recommend you to shop around in town for something better.. We ended up only staying one night..

• Stayed: January 2012