“Great location, friendly staff, acceptable room”
Review of Sehati Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sehati Guesthouse
Ranked #420 of 619 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The good: the location is stellar. You can easily reach the Monkey Forrest and several good restaurants and the Coco grocery store. Easily get a cab, rent a motorbike or book a tour in the surrounding area. We had a room towards the front of the place above the reception area a "deluxe" room with a King size bed. The room was large with a big bathroom and really good air con. We had wifi in our room which was nice. The staff was super kind and a decent breakfast was included every morning. The restaurant downstairs was inexpensive (especially by Ubud standards) and quite good. We were afraid that our room would be loud since it was close to the street but at night we didn't hear anything disturbing and we weren't in the room during the day.

The bad: It could have been cleaner - this isn't to say that it was dirty but it kind of reminded me of when I was a kid and my mom told me to clean up - I just sort of did the bare minimum. That said it wasn't enough to make us cringe or feel dirty. In the am there was a slight smell in the bathroom - at first my wife thought it might be sewage but I think it was a minor gas

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 September 2013

For such a good location, beautiful garden and room... this place felt abandoned. With a bit of TLC for the room, it will become the charming and comfy little place. I will suggest the hotel remove the dusty mosquito net and change the mouldy shower curtain.

Other than the humidity and dust issue, I enjoy my stay here. Staffs are efficient and I always got warm welcome whenever I return my excursion. This place can be so much better with a bit of improvement. Come on, management!

Room Tip: Turn the AC on for 15 minutes and it will helps to overcome the mouldy smell :(
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My family spent 2 nights at Sehati Guest House during April 24-25, 2013: deluxe and super-deluxe rooms. I am now understand why the reviews are so distinct in opinion. The poor reviews are mainly those staying in the standard rooms, located in the first floor which quite tiny and may be smelly. While all the deluxe rooms are in the 2nd and 3rd floors. I have no idea of the 2nd floor. My 3rd floor rooms are big and nice, with a relax sofa to see the mountain view in the front area. The super-deluxe room has a connected living room with a private balcony and a small kitchen. I understand Mr. Wayan, the owner is trying to renovate the rooms, but still some items do not work properly--i.e. doors, hand shower etc. By the way, beware of mosquito, just not leave the door open and use the mosquito protection coil, you will have a nice sleep !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This was our second time staying at Sehati. During both stays we found the hotel to be well priced and very comfortable. Each time we choose a room at the back of the beautiful garden. The staff was very helpful in general and also with providing a car and driver to tour the island. It is within easy walking distance of restraunts, shops and the Monkey Forest attraction. We enjoyed having their bannana pancake breakfasts in the Balinese garden setting each morning. Our room had a nice bath with a tub and shower combination and the wash sink in a seperate space just outside the bath. Our a/c room was clean and well appointed with a nice front porch sitting area.

Room Tip: Stayed twice in the downstairs room that is straight ahead at the rear of the garden.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I chose Sehati Guesthouse because of its location to The Yoga Barn, I booked through Agoda. The pics on Agoda look Ok..This hotel is terrible! I finally settled on the third room they offered me but still no bathroom as in the pics. Very dirty and very very smelly. The spa/salon was very average...I was booked in for 5 days but checked out after 2 days. The breakfast was not eatable. I travel to Bali often and you can get much better places for your dollar. The location is dark at night, single travelers should take caution.

Room Tip: The double room, top back, has the best view over rice fields but not mosquito proof.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My mother and I were lucky enough to stumble into Sehati guesthouse on the day we arrived in Ubud. What a charming wonderful find! Fantastic air conditioning, rooms cleaned daily, breakfast included and the coffee shop across the road even delivered and early morning latte to us. Breakfast was enough to get you going for the day.

Brilliant location, a mere hundred yards or so from Monkey Forest but lovely and quiet (mind you I always wear earplugs at night) but I certainly wasn't bothered by traffic noise in the early morning or before I went to sleep. The bathrooms are a little old but clean. I generally wear something on my feet in hotel showers anyway, no matter where I'm staying.

Staff were wonderful and the spa was a treat. Sri and all of her co-workers in the spa are a delight.

There is no pool - which didn't bother us - but apparently plans are afoot to renovate and include a pool next year. I really hope Sehati doesn't lose it's charm when that happens.

Would I recommend this place? Definite value for money and oh so charming.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Clean, friendly and affordable. Good location and walking distance to shops and the Monkey Forest . Breakfast can be taken in the room, staff are accommodating and friendly. Late check out costs USD5.00 per hour. Money changers and cafes nearby. Room has TV and DVD player

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo