World travellers reviewing where we stay en route. If you wish more detail, take a look at our Blog (details in profile) or contact us directly.
Minibus from Kuta direct to Ubud (Xtrans, a new company) was just IDR 70 000 return per person and took around an hour. Same trip by taxi would cost you IDR 400 000 return and not be much quicker.
– large rooms
– full sized double bed with good linen and very comfortable mattress
– bathroom with both shower and bath tub
– air con
– lovely gardens
– nice breakfast
– clean but bathroom a bit shabby
– cheap price
– wi-fi signal totally useless; fault due to ISP
– poor TV reception (indoor aerial) and only a few local channels
– no safe
– poor towels
– ants in bathroom in first room
– some indifferent staff
– extremely noisy at night due to wild life making an enormous racket. Bull frogs, geese, crickets, cockerels- they were all at it, non-stop.
Ubud makes a nice change from the beach life at Kuta and you get to see monkeys close up. 100S of them in Monkey Forest, at the foot of the hill. Accommodation was fine for the price, if a tad away from the action. Probably would not stay there again. There are lots of guest houses in Ubud so just turn up and shop around.
Take any rooms away from the back fields (ask for the two rooms in the middle of the gardens) and you'll be fine. Or take ear plugs and pray.
- Also Known As:
- Sehati Guesthouse Hotel Ubud
- Sehati Guesthouse Ubud, Bali