“Nice and charming place in Ubud”
Review of Bali Moon

and 1 more site!
Bali Moon
Ranked #240 of 604 Ubud B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Very nice place to stay and relax away from Ubud's noisy streets. Very frindly staff, nice and clean rooms, some of them with a beatiful balinese artcraft. Delicious breakfast included in the price. Enjoy

• Stayed: November 2011
There are newer reviews for Bali Moon

Reviewed 9 September 2011

I was originally booked here as my other accom was not available for these extra nights and I was not disappointed. I had an amazing room with beautiful views of the rice fields and nearby community. In the morning I would wake up early open my veranda doors get back into my bed and watch and listen to the day begin. I was able to watch the sun rise over the nearby roof tops and listen to the magical sound of the creatures in the area. The staff were soo friendly and made me so welcome. I loved every morning having my breakfast served on my veranda, it was a great start to a magical stay in Ubud.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in 2 other homestays before we found this one, and after looking around for almost 2 full days.
This is by far the best place to stay and a really good value.
The very clean rooms are wonderfully decorated, as are the bathrooms.
Close to Monkey Forest Road, but in a quiet area amidst the rice fields.
We'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 6 is on the top level with a great view over the surrounding rice fields
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasper M
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The staff wil make an efford to make your stay more plesant. To bad they do not have a pool, but the hole steeing makes up for that. We just jumped in our bathtub! Very nice quiet set back from al the business of Ubud

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cath B
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Great place to stay. Super affordable. I stayed on their top floor of their new wing. Breezy, and amazing panoramic view of rice fields. Accommodated my special diet (I'm a vegan) for breakfast. One thing, frogs sing and/or talk all night long. I liked it but some may find it hard to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChoochieBear
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Large rooms at a family homestay located amidst the rice fields, yet very close to the centre of Ubud. The room (nr 3 with verandah overlooking a small garden) is beautifully decorated with woodcarving and has a giant bathroom with a warm bath and cold shower.
Rooms are cleaned daily and the price include breakfast that is a feast for the eye and taste, especially your first night. Wifi is also freely available. There's a large fridge with bintang and cold water, but expect no room service (other than breakfast).
The location consists of 5 rooms (with their own bathroom) and is run by a friendly family from Ubud. Their daughter plays with our kids as language barriers are non-existent at the age of 10, which indicates that this is really a homestay and not an anonymous hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We booked for 2 rooms for 4 nights.
Once we arrived in the evening, and for an unknown reason (they said "mistake"), the owner just informed us that one of the rooms was already taken by another guest - for 2 nights. He proposed us to be separated and have a room in his brother's guesthouse not far. Except that the guesthouse was nothing compared to BaliMoon.
We then decided to go book 2 nights in another Guesthouse nearby and come by for the 2 remaining nights afterward. Even then, the owner was mean and rude to us. The rooms were well-designed and clean but widely open so full of insects and without aircon so very humid and hot. Adding to this no baby bed and the 2 nights we spent there were just nightmarish. Also, no payment by visa card (first ATM quite far away).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family