“Feel like at home”

Ranked #231 of 592 Ubud B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Feel like at home”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Friendly and helpful staff . Nice view of rice fields. Warm welcome and great experience. Good breakfast. Will return

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Bali Moon is a piece of heaven on earth amidst the rice fields on a quiet, safe street just outside of Ubud. Traveling as a female alone, I had a local friend stop by to see if it was a good fit. He was right...it was perfect! He picked room #6 upstairs, in the back. My wood carved doors opened to the sunrise each morning and to the left of me I was able to watch the workers begin their day in the rice field. There were also some other very nice villas across the way. I enjoyed the early morning sounds of roosters and Bali "waking up" in the countryside, but those who are used to sleeping in could just pack some earplugs. I actually missed these sounds when I moved to my next location!

If you are worried about no air conditioning, there is an adequate breeze that flows through with all the windows and doors open. This is how I kept it when I was home. At night you can use the mosquito net which elegantly drapes around the bed. Safe?...Absolutely! No worries whatsoever and much better than villa rentals in Penestanan. The walk to town is perfect and only about 5 minutes to the main street in Ubud and 7-10 to the market on that same street. There is also a great massage place where you enter to walk back to Bali Moon. It is called Lily's and it has a pink sign out front. You can get an hour massage for 60,000 Indonesian rupiah (just over $6) or an aromatherapy massage for 70,000. They have several other treatments, and don't miss the frangipani oil! This is the best place by Bali Moon. Bisma market is the closest place for large bottles of water (just a few doors down if you turn left by the waterway where you enter. They have 24 hour markets and Circle K's on the main street for quick needs.

The room is large, spotless, and tastefully decorated with the wonderful natural touch of stones under the bed. The bathroom has a tub and separate shower and beautiful wood carved windows that push open to the rice fields. There is a lovely deck where Wayan brings coffee/tea and breakfast each morning along with fresh flowers, which the owner Wayan purchases each morning at the local market. Both Wayans are there when needed, but offer privacy as well.

Wayan and I had the opportunity to visit and share the differences between the eastern women and the western women, as well as men. Although we are on opposite sides of the world, we share similar issues. I enjoyed her friendship.

Her place is located off the street a bit, so it would be advantageous to call when you arrive and young Wayan can come out to the street to assist you with your luggage. It is a bit of a trek if you have a couple suitcases. He is always helping with a smile!

Although noted as under $30 with breakfast, i paid just over $40 a night so it would be best to confirm the price before you stay. All and all Bali Moon is a winner! I will be back to stay in a few months! Enjoy!!!!

Room Tip: Room #6 is upstairs in the back and private with great views!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank sbbali
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed at this property for four nights in December. We were given room #6 on the 3rd floor of what I believe is the new wing in Mr Made's property (there were a total of 6 rooms).

Pros:
1) Room #6 was high up with great views of the surrounding rice fields and resident ducks. Fall asleep to the cooling breeze through the casement windows and wake up to the sounds of Ubud nature
2) Room was clean and well kept. Breakfast was served at our room open terrace
3) Free and reasonable trouble-free wifi
4) Friendly Made and his wife took care of all of our needs. We did a great homestay cooking class with them. They aren't the fastest or most efficient- but this is a homestay, not a hotel, and service was friendly and personal
5) Bathroom was nice and well ventilated

Cons
1) The only con I could really think of was that the water pressure to our room was rather poor - slowed down to a trickle on one of the days. Would have given the stay 5 stars if not for this - a nice shower is something I would really have liked after a day of traipsing around ubud.

Room Tip: Our room was great on the 3rd floor (most other properties around have mostly up to second floor...
1 Thank Dell73
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Bali Moon has a good atmosphere and you can feel at home there (as far as this is possible in a tradionally built Balinese homestay). The staff is friendly and helpfull, the breakfast tastes wonderfull and on top they put fresh hibiscus in the rooms each day.
Our fiftth time in Ubud ... it's like Monkey Forest many years ago.
Thank you Made & Wayan.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Very nice place to stay and relax away from Ubud's noisy streets. Very frindly staff, nice and clean rooms, some of them with a beatiful balinese artcraft. Delicious breakfast included in the price. Enjoy

• Stayed November 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I was originally booked here as my other accom was not available for these extra nights and I was not disappointed. I had an amazing room with beautiful views of the rice fields and nearby community. In the morning I would wake up early open my veranda doors get back into my bed and watch and listen to the day begin. I was able to watch the sun rise over the nearby roof tops and listen to the magical sound of the creatures in the area. The staff were soo friendly and made me so welcome. I loved every morning having my breakfast served on my veranda, it was a great start to a magical stay in Ubud.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in 2 other homestays before we found this one, and after looking around for almost 2 full days.
This is by far the best place to stay and a really good value.
The very clean rooms are wonderfully decorated, as are the bathrooms.
Close to Monkey Forest Road, but in a quiet area amidst the rice fields.
We'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 6 is on the top level with a great view over the surrounding rice fields
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple