This is a wonderful location, lovely grounds with facilities on a smaller scale.
Buildings and grounds have very nice contemporary Bali style.
If you want a serene, quiet location - and don't mind being out of Ubud - around 13 minutes by car - this is it. [Transfers are easily arranged at front desk when you want to go in to town].
The design allows you to relax in almost complete privacy. You can rest.
Villas are quite spacious, private and very comfortable (Air Con, DVD, Fridge, Lounge area, Wifi, etc).
Have to make a comment on service: We enjoyed truly genuine, attentive service the whole time we were at Champung. The Champung team is keen to make your stay great and is professionally led by Manager.
As to meals, there is in-room or dedicated area dining. Food is quite good and fair price. (I am told they are extending menu... but do try the Marinated Snapper!)
This venue is not so long established - less than 3 years - so it is relatively new but does not have all the trimmings and distractions of other places. It has style but is 'understated' when compared to the big brand resorts. This may affect you based on what you expect and are looking for. The owners do have plans to add a few more facilites (e.g. Spa, Restaurant) ...and this no doubt will add extra appeal.
Overall good value, no pretense and very enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chapung se Bali Resort & Spa is not your usual Balinese style villa retreat. Rather it calls on contemporary lines and interiors to produce a modern lush Resort, located high in hills, 10 minutes’ drive from Ubud. Nature, minimalist, modern, intimate, spacious and design are the keywords to define the Resort's concept. The Resort opened in 2009, with the architectural inspiration of the owner, who is a professional furniture designer. Slowly, his vision grew with two restaurants, a large Spa and a wide infinity pool perched on the side of a ridge overlooking the Osh River Valley and its verdant jungle. With 8 large Pool Villas and 14 Suites with valley view, the Resort aims to offer a memorable experience : swim amidst the lush jungle in a large infinity pool, enjoy a new fusion Mediterranean-Asian cuisine and highly qualitative Spa healing therapies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chapung SeBali Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapung Sebali Hotel Ubud
- Chapung SeBali Resort And Spa Ubud, Bali